Ludwig Atlas Hardware Detailed...

8Mile

Platinum Member
Wow. That is impressive. Some new technologies in there that set this hardware apart. Good for Ludwig.

SgtThump

Platinum Member
I can't see the videos at work, but I'm curious if anyone knows the prices and availability yet?

brianb

It looks like Ludwig really stepped it up on this new hardware. I think I'm going to have to give it a try. Thanks for the videos.

I do like the speed foot concept they have going on. But with regards to the flat based stuff, I really dont like the feet. They just look too big and chunky. I understand its for practicality, but something smaller would have suited them nicer in my opinion.

scarlit

Silver Member
$490 for the double pedal? Seriously? $140+ for the snare stand?? $160 for the boom stand?? Are they delusional over there at Ludwig?

Drumolator

Platinum Member
There is a place in my drumming heart for Ludwig, and this new line of hardware is a step in the right direction. I will not be buying any of it though because I do not need any hardware. Peace and goodwill.

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
Love the snare basket adjustment concept! The axis that it can tilt on is very useful for those of us who play with an angle on the snare.
Looking forward to playing around with one at a store soon.

piperdoog

Silver Member
That stuff looks great, the snare stand is awesome and would be ideal for those who like to throw a tom in one like I do. The hi hat looks awesome as well, the double kick looks interesting as well. The only thing that concerns me is what is this stuff gonna cost???
I love good solid hardware it can last a lifetime, however if that snare stand is like $200 or those pedals are $500, then I'm OUT!

Last edited:

piperdoog

Silver Member
$490 for the double pedal? Seriously? $140+ for the snare stand?? $160 for the boom stand?? Are they delusional over there at Ludwig?
Yeah if that's the case I'll just keep my old beat up reliable pearl stuff. $500 for a double pedal is too much!!!!!
Wait for a year or two and find the pedals on Craigslist for $200

KarlCrafton

Platinum Member
Quote: Originally Posted by scarlit

Those might be MSRP, and thus might actually sell for much less.

I thought those were the MAP (minimum advertised price) prices someone posted in the Atlas thread I started.

The Pro hat stand is big bucks, but it looks really well made, and great as far as function. I need a two leg stand, but I don't want it to weight a ton either, so I'll probably stick with my DW medium weight HH stand.

Looking into a single pedal.
I might check out the pedal without the big base plate ( just has the two rods under it).
My old Camco works just fine without a base plate and never moves.
With that little spike/claw thing under the heel piece, it wouldn't go anywhere.

I like the cam on the new pedals also, it's like the Red cam I use on my Eliminators.
That old clam shaped strap cam.

I am getting some flat base straight cymbal, and snare stands for sure, and a Pro snare stand.

When they have list prices at the shop I can figure out my costs, but the MAP prices are enough to get an idea.
A little high on the "pro" line stuff, but after a while, they'll come down a bit I'm sure.

S

sticks4drums

If they were smart they would offer it very competitively priced to just get the stuff out there, for exposure.

piperdoog

Silver Member
Alright I did some digging and talked to an old buddy who works for Ludwig and was at the NAMM show. The good news is they won best new product for percussion, the bad, you pay for it.
The double pedal price he told me is going for $450 to $500. Not bad considering the dw 9000 are like $6 something and the Pearl Demons are as well, still way too much for me to pay mind you. You can get rock solid Eliminators for $340 and used for less than $200.
Anyways there ya go $500 is the price for the double pedals.