looking for a book

symbioteX

I a looking for a pdf version of Mastering the Tables of Time with David Stanoch
can anyody please link me with this???

David is a friend of mine as well. I hope you are not looking for a free, pirated version. If so, I hope the forum moderators will delete this thread.

If you are looking to legally purchase a digital copy, you can check Alfred's digital section of their website. I'm not sure if it is one of the titles that is offered in digital form.

http://www.alfred.com/Browse/ProductTypes/Digital.aspx

Jeff

Last edited:
This thread didn't escape the moderators.
Let's wait for the OP to get back. If he's looking for a free version the thread will get deleted.

I a looking for a pdf version of Mastering the Tables of Time with David Stanoch
can anyody please link me with this???

There is no digital version of the book, you can only BUY the hard copy. You can find the book sold online from many sellers. If you're in the States, you can also find it in any Guitar Center or Sam Ash. If you're not, almost all online book stores ship internationally as well so THERE IS NO EXCUSE to steal.

I'm going to assume that you were looking for a free pdf file of this book when you first posted the thread. Because you didn't ask whether there was an iBooks or Kindle version of the book. iBooks and Kindle do not use the PDF format. When you take something without paying for it, it's called stealing. You're in the wrong forum if you were expecting to get books without paying for them.

Also, I'm sure everyone here at the forum will never see you again because there are many forum members like you that post a thread asking for a torrent or a link for a 'PDF book', and then when told to actually buy it, they disappear forever. So have a good day and please have a conscience. Don't steal. If you have a job, you expect to get paid for it at the end of the month, right? What if you worked the whole month and then didn't get paid for it? Wouldn't you be upset? That's what it's like for the author of the book. He probably put years of his life in writing the book. And then what about publishing? All of that costed him money.

The book only costs about $25. That's really not a lot as far as I'm concerned, for what you're getting.

Last edited:
I feel like an ignorant boob for not knowing of this book. If this guy was planning on getting a free copy, there is one benefit to this thread, as I'm going to go buy the book :)

I feel like an ignorant boob for not knowing of this book. If this guy was planning on getting a free copy, there is one benefit to this thread, as I'm going to go buy the book :)

The book is amazing. One reviewer called it 'the next Stick Control'. I totally agree.

Haha

And of course, we never see our friend again. As expected. My prediction came true.

He's either on some other forum asking the same question, or (hopefully) he's out there working to get the funds to actually buy the book like a normal person with integrity would. If he's trying to find a PDF version online, he's not going to find one. I know because I've looked. Don't worry, I already have the book. I was only looking to see if it existed online. The OP is out of luck if he's expecting to find a free version, but it's ok. He doesn't sound deserving of the book either. Let's hope we talked some sense into him.

If you're looking for a download drum ebook, then I've developed the Britchops Foundation Drum Course: A Beginners Course of Drum Lessons to get you started with modern drum styles. For more information, please check out www.britchops.co.uk

Many thanks for your interest,

TJ

Britchops Drum Tuition

There is no digital version of the book, you can only BUY the hard copy. You can find the book sold online from many sellers. If you're in the States, you can also find it in any Guitar Center or Sam Ash. If you're not, almost all online book stores ship internationally as well so THERE IS NO EXCUSE to steal. I'm going to assume that you were looking for a free pdf file of this book when you first posted the thread. Because you didn't ask whether there was an iBooks or Kindle version of the book. iBooks and Kindle do not use the PDF format. When you take something without paying for it, it's called stealing. You're in the wrong forum if you were expecting to get books without paying for them.

Also, I'm sure everyone here at the forum will never see you again because there are many forum members like you that post a thread asking for a torrent or a link for a 'PDF book', and then when told to actually buy it, they disappear forever. So have a good day and please have a conscience. Don't steal. If you have a job, you expect to get paid for it at the end of the month, right? What if you worked the whole month and then didn't get paid for it? Wouldn't you be upset? That's what it's like for the author of the book. He probably put years of his life in writing the book. And then what about publishing? All of that costed him money.

The book only costs about $25. That's really not a lot as far as I'm concerned, for what you're getting.

srry man I just asked a question.....never intended to steal the book was actually planning to buy it

why don't you just go buy the book?

David is a friend and a very good man and deserves your support

not to mention it is one of the best books of our generation and every drummer should own a physical copy

http://www.rhythmelodic.com/aboutbook.html

yea i might just will :)

Haha

And of course, we never see our friend again. As expected. My prediction came true.

He's either on some other forum asking the same question, or (hopefully) he's out there working to get the funds to actually buy the book like a normal person with integrity would. If he's trying to find a PDF version online, he's not going to find one. I know because I've looked. Don't worry, I already have the book. I was only looking to see if it existed online. The OP is out of luck if he's expecting to find a free version, but it's ok. He doesn't sound deserving of the book either. Let's hope we talked some sense into him.

Like I said man I'm sorry.....I dont sit around my computer waiting for replys...... "He doesn't sound deserving of the book either". you cant judge me for a few words I wrote.

This thread didn't escape the moderators.
Let's wait for the OP to get back. If he's looking for a free version the thread will get deleted.
My apologies Mr Admin

Last edited by a moderator:
srry man I just asked a question.....never intended to steal the book was actually planning to buy it

Good. Because in your initial post, you asked where you could find a PDF version of the book, not "where can I buy the book online?". You asked a question, and I merely answered your question.

And if you were planning to buy the book, as you claim, why were you looking for a PDF version of it?

Personally I would always much prefer a PDF version of a book with anything more than just text in it, over a Kindle or iBook version. I've had plenty of bad experiences with Kindle books with difficult to read pictures which is not something I'd be willing to accept for any music book. And that's without getting into the DRM discussion...

Personally I would always much prefer a PDF version of a book with anything more than just text in it, over a Kindle or iBook version. I've had plenty of bad experiences with Kindle books with difficult to read pictures which is not something I'd be willing to accept for any music book. And that's without getting into the DRM discussion...

You know Snorbuckle, when I first got my iPad, I was all about iBooks and digital and everything. But like you, I find the text hard to read due to the iPad's size. I'm back to physical drum books that are easy to read. I only have a few drum books now, but they are the essentials. They keep me focused as well, having 50 books is nothing but a distraction. I've never been more productive.

It's not even solely a problem with the size of the screen, some publishers are just incredibly lazy when it comes to the quality of their picture scans. It also doesn't help that the Kindle doesn't easily support the zooming of images. Images display at the same size whether you're using the largest or smallest font size.

I'd love it if publishers and manufacturers caught on. I would pay good money for an A3 sized e-ink display and ebooks that use vector graphics to enable scaling while preserving quality. eBooks seem to be doing great things for many parts of the book industry but for anything other than text they still have a long way to go.

eBooks seem to be doing great things for many parts of the book industry but for anything other than text they still have a long way to go.

I agree. I have many 'regular' books on my iPad and it's great reading them this way. But for drum books, I prefer the real thing because it's just easier to deal with.

Back