L.A./OC drummer probably needed for a few bar gigs in 2012

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
To drummers in the L.A. area, close to Huntington Beach a big plus.

I will probably need a sub for one of my bands between 3-4 times in 2012. The gig is at Taco Surf in Surfside Beach, one Saturday a month from 6-9pm. Ez in & out and 1/2 price on food. It's a trio plus a singer, and a pretty varied set list: Jimmy Eat World, Badfinger, Stones, Green Day, John Cougar, Talking Heads, Creedence, Queen, Petty, Romantics, Hollies, Billy Idol, Gin Blossoms, Fleetwood Mac, Blondie, Violent Femmes, Cheap Trick and many more, and let's not forget the dreaded Brown Eyed Girl, Old Time Rock & Roll, and Mustang Sally!

It's a fun, no pressure gig, and you'll need to play to the room. After the 1st set things do begin to rock a bit more, but it's not a gig for bashers. Song arrangements are fairly standard though you will need a rehearsal or two at the singer's place in Huntington Beach. Initially I'd have you come down to a gig to see if it's your cup of tea and give you a fair chance to say yes or no. This is definitely not a gig for showing off or making the songs your own, you must have cover band chops and temperament. I'd also like to sit-in on the initial rehearsal so that everyone's comfortable. I like these folks and they are relying on me to make this a seamless transition for them and you.

E me at bermuda@weirdal.com for more info. Because of the limited # of gigs and the necessary rehearsals, I really prefer someone in the HB area. The money's decent, but not worth traveling from Chatsworth!

Thanks,

Bermuda

Stroman

Platinum Member
Sounds like a fun one, and right up my alley, but the commute from northern Idaho is a stretch! Good luck finding the right person, Bermuda.

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
I've never heard of Surfside Beach. That sounds like a cool gig but I don't have a kit right now. I'm sure you'll get a lot of interested drummers.

bermuda

Staff member
It's probably technically Huntington Beach, Taco Surf is a few feet from the landmark water tower on PCH.

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Hmmm. I never knew that part of PCH was called Surfside. That's what Google calls it too. That restaurant got 4-1/2 stars. I was born and raised in HB and never knew that area is called Surfside because I've been to Sunset Beach plenty of times. They had a cool bar at PCH and Warner where original acts would play. Back then it was called The Brig.

bermuda

Staff member
In negotiations with Bo, and have another prospect in case Bo wises up! :)

Bermuda

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
In negotiations with Bo, and have another prospect in case Bo wises up! :)

Bermuda
I'm actually looking forward to it, so I may not wise up. But I'll suppose we'll see about that, eh? The act of making music with different people has always been a standard modus operandi for me ;)

rogue_drummer

Gold Member
Ya gotta write about it and let us know how it's going!! You guy are so classy and it's refreshing to see ya'll support each other.