Knowing yourself - sometimes it's -------------

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
You obviously don't know me that well Dave --- & here was me thinking we were close ;) ;) ;)

Update - unexpected occurrence this evening. The band called me to ask permission to use a recording of the audition as example tracks in their drummer advert. How weird is that!
Thinly veiled attempt at complimenting you, in an attempt to break you down, so perhaps you'll reconsider?

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Thinly veiled attempt at complimenting you, in an attempt to break you down, so perhaps you'll reconsider?
I don't think so Larry. It was a female voice, & I'm pretty sure Shemp can't get that high :)

no talent

Update - unexpected occurrence this evening. The band called me to ask permission to use a recording of the audition as example tracks in their drummer advert. How weird is that!
thats actually a really nice compliment about your playing. they want someone just like the recording....you.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
thats actually a really nice compliment about your playing. they want someone just like the recording....you.
I think it's more to do with the fact that's the only recording of their material they have available with drums.

But wait a minute, are you feeling well my under talented friend? A post from you without ridicule - really? ;)

mikel

Platinum Member
You obviously don't know me that well Dave --- & here was me thinking we were close ;) ;) ;)

I wont say I told you so, but................

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
How weird is that!
Exemplary my dear Watson

or

You've miss the gig of a lifetime

or

I told you so

or

They want a drummer like you to follow a new direction in their music

or

Yes, it's the only recording of their music with drums

or

As usual, you're underestimating yourself as a player

or

Disguise yourself and re-apply for an audition

or

Give us the link of the advert so we can apply for an audition

or

You've only played wind chimes in your audition

or

You should have accepted the offer

or

They don't look for a drummer, they only want a roadie

or

How weird is that!

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I wont say I told you so, but................
Exemplary my dear Watson

or

You've miss the gig of a lifetime

or

I told you so

or

They want a drummer like you to follow a new direction in their music

or

Yes, it's the only recording of their music with drums

or

As usual, you're underestimating yourself as a player

or

Disguise yourself and re-apply for an audition

or

Give us the link of the advert so we can apply for an audition

or

You've only played wind chimes in your audition

or

You should have accepted the offer

or

They don't look for a drummer, they only want a roadie

or

How weird is that!
Ok ok ok guys, you were right, but so was I ;)

If / when the band post the rehearsal recording (I didn't even know it was being recorded BTW), I'll post it here.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Ok chaps, here's a few snippets of the audition. I had no idea this was being recorded. Anyhow, keyboard derived bass, & each track was played once, on the fly, & blind. In other words, they played songs, & I jammed.

Attachments

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Ok chaps, here's a few snippets of the audition. I had no idea this was being recorded. Anyhow, keyboard derived bass, & each track was played once, on the fly, & blind. In other words, they played songs, & I jammed.
So, you never heard those songs before, it's the first time you've played them and you came up with those grooves... right! It's very good Andy, I can only imagine what you'll play if you knew those songs intimately... Man you're underestimating yourself big time.

I really don't feel that this band would have pushed you outside you comfort zone, in those songs I didn't feel the need of a "Latino" type of drumming, nor did I feel a "jazz" feel, it's more a "in the pocket" type of band and it's right up your alley, man, you can groove :)

It's quite hard to put a tag on their music, perhaps soul/funk with a touch of easy listening, but I like it a lot, I would go with them, the potential is quite good. Maybe a horn section could give it some sparkle and some defined identity too.

My take? ... you should have gone for it :)

Where are they based?

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
in those songs I didn't feel the need of a "Latino" type of drumming, nor did I feel a "jazz" feel, it's more a "in the pocket" type of band and it's right up your alley, man, you can groove :)

My take? ... you should have gone for it :)

Where are they based?
The songs they played that did require some latin feel or a jazz comping style weren't sent to me. I'd say just under half of their material required those styles. They're based in Worcestershire. They have other players coming for audition so I'm sure they'll find the right fit :)