Kick snare and hi hat.

philrudd

My guitarist sent me that clip, ostensibly as an example of what could be achieved as a band. My responses:

1) Sure, if I can boost my talent/ability by about 6000%.

2) Sure, if you agree to leave the Marshall Stacks at home and play quietly enough that I can use an old snare drum for a kick.

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
Love FF and Nate Smith. Check out Vulfpeck if you have a chance. They share some members amongst other things.

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
Look how loose that snare batter is! You can see wrinkles in the video. Sounds nice and fat as a result.

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
Those are all killer players. Reminds me a bit of a dave weckl tune where the bass player just destroys the universe with mind bending similar poppy playing... Can't remember the name of course.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Love FF and Nate Smith. Check out Vulfpeck if you have a chance. They share some members amongst other things.
I got to the FF via Vulfpeck. My son hipped me to both of them. I asked him how they get that drum sound, and he told me they have a compressor they built(?) and that's what they use to get that cool no O tone tone.

The one guitarist Corey Wong....I don't have to hear him, I can just look at him and see how funky he is. The bass player, Joe Dart, is my son's current hero.

Those guys are so tight, I couldn't drive a razor blade with a sledgehammer into their "joints".

alparrott

Platinum Member
Absolutely love this stuff... the last word in funky. You sure don't see many bari guitars out there these days!

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool, & super talents. A gig would get a bit tiresome 10 numbers into the set though.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
oh my - those boys are tight!
Is it just me or are all the guitars on stands??
You're right the guitars are all on stands. That and the jumpsuits give it a certain vibe. I was feeling Devo when I first saw them, not musically, visually.

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
You're right the guitars are all on stands. That and the jumpsuits give it a certain vibe. I was feeling Devo when I first saw them, not musically, visually.
They're just running the cables for the guitars up those stands. Makes sure they all stand in the right places and things aren't messy.