Kenny Aronoff

bobh

Electronic Drums Clinic
J&R Music World, 33 Park Row, Downtown Manhattan, New York City
5/22/12 @ 5:00pm

The legendary Kenny Aronoff will be at J&R Music World for an explosive clinic featuring his unique playing style and technique and Yamaha DTX digital drums. Kenny has performed and recorded with the world's greatest artists including The Smashing Pumpkins, Bob Seger, John Fogerty, Melissa Etheridge, Jon Bon Jovi, Elton John, Bob Dylan, Rod Stewart, Alanis Morissette, The Rolling Stones and many more. Don't miss this rare opportunity to see one of the greatest drummers ever.

Bernhard

Founder Drummerworld
Staff member
Great - thanks for posting and making aware. By the way: These dates could be posted also in the Calendar...

Bernhard

Spreggy

Silver Member
He's a solid drummer with good ideas, and I've always enjoyed hearing him. I have to say I'm not fond of his new sunglasses and biker look, all serious. It looks like it was assembled in an agent's office. I liked the happy-go-lucky smiley goof that he used to be.

larryz

Platinum Member
Electronic Drums Clinic
J&R Music World, 33 Park Row, Downtown Manhattan, New York City
5/22/12 @ 5:00pm

The legendary Kenny Aronoff will be at J&R Music World for an explosive clinic featuring his unique playing style and technique and Yamaha DTX digital drums. Kenny has performed and recorded with the world's greatest artists including The Smashing Pumpkins, Bob Seger, John Fogerty, Melissa Etheridge, Jon Bon Jovi, Elton John, Bob Dylan, Rod Stewart, Alanis Morissette, The Rolling Stones and many more. Don't miss this rare opportunity to see one of the greatest drummers ever.
Um, and John Mellencamp too?! Listen to "Justice and Independence" from Mellencamp's "Scarecrow" album. Mind blowing. :)

Thanks for the heads up.

keep it simple

Platinum Member
I had a few beers with Kenny & his wife last year, on a night out during the London Drum Show. His physique & appearance mask the very sensitive & perceptive man he is inside. A great guy, & I really enjoyed our discussions.

Joe Morris

DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
I have known Kenny for years. I haven't talked to him in quite a while but like Andy said he is a great guy. Really chill and nice. I would always have people coming up to me at Namm thinking I was him. It was funny to both of us since in real life he does have a twin brother. Funny stuff. He was always really cool to me and he's a great drummer. In my opinion hes way under rated. The guy can flat out play!!! We also attended some endorser parties together and well lets just say they were so much fun. The best one ever was a Vic Firth party. You guys imagine being in a room with Steve Smith, Billy Cobham, Kenny, Peter Erskine and you name it in drumming they were there drinking and telling stories. It was a night I would never forget. Totally awesome. Kenny yelled out at me hey Joe I can't remember you been married 13 years or 13 times. Ahhh, good times for sure.

His biggest influence on me was his power work outs number 1 and 2. I still do them everyday no matter what. If you haven't checked them out you guys should. They will totally up your playing, independence and give you a great work out!!!

double_G

Silver Member
Re Kenny. even if you a casual fan check out his playing on the "groove remains the same" shows. i think might be on DVD now. he DESTROYS "rock & roll"; just nails it. just all his hardwork over decades coming together. some of the best playing i have heard from him recently. lots of clips on youtube...

+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3iualzxym4

Arky

Platinum Member
He was the first drummer I watched a drum demo of (and honestly, that one demo is still close to the only one I ever had in my life). That was in around 1993. I was at the Frankfurt Musikmesse and one of the bigger companies had an isolated room for performance. I thought there would be a guitar demo so I went in. No guitars (only from the backing track) but Kenny performing 1 or 2 tunes - some prog stuff with cool & heavy riffing in odd signature. It was cool but not what I expected, haha. In 1993 I was still completely into guitars, I started drums 2 years ago. So that's my 'Kenny story'.

What I've heard/seen of him afterwards doesn't make me fall on my knees and worship him, it just doesn't grab me. But the snippets from his tutorials make me think he has great experience and a structured way to share his knowledge. I find his look (sunglasses) a bit weird, too. But hey, everybody can decide for the look one is going after without caring what others think.

A

Anthony Amodeo

I like Kenny

I have a set list of Kennys that he gave me on Oct. 31 1998 at Dodgers Stadium when he was playing with Smashing Pumpkins opening for KISS

I was working for KISS at the time of their making of the Detroit Rock City movie and Psycho Circus tour

Kenny wrote his little notes all over the set list ...pretty cool

here is a pic....if anyone wants it PM me