Just saying hi

zfzgg

Hi all!

Long time, no see. I've been mostly just a lurker for a few years now. I've been keeping tabs, though. That crack in Larry's kick, Andy's awesome blurbs on the physics of drums, Bo's.. well, all of his kits, Guru's closing doors. What ever happened to Polly, is she still around? The guy with the symmetrical Conways? And the one with that beautiful 6 piece Kamak (?) set with the wood hoops and the port in the side of the kick? I swear I still remember exactly what all of you play.

I just wanted to say hi. I think I'll be spending some more time here again; it's a great community. I've got a few thoughts rattling around my head with respect to efficient learning, and some physics-of-drums stuff; I'd love to strike up a few discussions in the coming weeks and learn from all of you. Thanks for still kicking butt

P.s. the new forum design looks amazing!

toddmc

Gold Member
AnonLaPly (Polly) seems to be long gone but KamaK is still kicking around (I'm sure the O.G.'s will fill you in on the rest.....)

harryconway

Platinum Member
"symmetrical Conways" must mean me. I sold my Sleishman's, but I've got matching hip replacements ..... so I guess that's symmetrical. Far as pedals, I'm playing Pearl Longboards now, P930 when I play single and P932 when I play double.

Attachments

Frank

Gold Member
Hi.
I haven't been here in a while, so I thought I'd jump into your thread and say hi to everyone again, too. :)

zfzgg

Thanks for the messages all! Congratulations on the shiny new hips Harry. Why the move from the sleishmans? I always love seeing people use them, just because they're so damn cool.