Just another inspiration from my kids

DumDrum

This idea is probably not anything new for a lot of you gigging drummers out there but i just discovered it myself the other day and it really made my life a little bit easier... As I was getting ready to pack up my kit from my practice space for 2 gigs on St. Patties day, I realized that a large percentage of my time spent setting up is in minor adjustments to positioning. When I set the kit up to practice, it's always more leisurely and I usually get it dialed in just perfect, but when setting up for a show, i don't get to spend as much time tweaking the positions as I would like, which always leads to a little bit of the start of the gig getting used to one thing or another being slightly out of place...

As I was getting ready to tear down, my kid walked in and asked me if he could go outside and play with his sidewalk chalk... all the sudden it hit me, and I grabbed one of his chalks and I just drew outlines around the feet of all my hardware and my high hat stand on my always used drum rug... how could i have not have thought of something so simple like 15 years ago? All my hardware has memory locks so nothing changes, and now all the positions are exactly the same... road tested it by having to set up twice on St. Patties Day and it worked perfectly! cut out a ton of time setting up and everything was exactly in the same place... Plus, the guys in the band now know where my shit goes so they can actually help if we're in a time crunch =)

Probably nothing new for a lot of you guys, but it sure made me feel good... thanks kiddo!

Pimento

This is the reason you see a lot of tape outlines on drummers rugs, might be more permanent than the chalk solution as well, glad it worked for ya :)

DumDrum

duh.. so simple but i never even thought about it.. just dealt with it.. lol feel stupid.. tape would work even better