Jenkins-Martin (Blaemire) announces "Starry Night" Limited Edition.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Do you mean you like it or that it looks like Van Gogh?... because Starry Night is an actual painting by Van Gogh :)
I was purposely ambiguous. It does look like Van Gogh, that's what I was trying to say. Right, starry nights, Van Gogh painting, duh. It is an interesting looking finish. I can't decide if I like it on a drum set or not. I wouldn't get it for myself, but it's kinda cool looking for someone else's set. I think I'd like it more if all the drums looked like the first floor tom.

porter

Platinum Member
I was purposely ambiguous. It does look like Van Gogh, that's what I was trying to say. Right, starry nights, Van Gogh painting, duh. It is an interesting looking finish. I can't decide if I like it on a drum set or not. I wouldn't get it for myself, but it's kinda cool looking for someone else's set. I think I'd like it more if all the drums looked like the first floor tom.
Yeah, the 14" (i'm assuming) looks like a cool stand-alone finish as well as part of the 'layout' of the piece. Usually I'm not a fan of the whole "kick reso matches shell finish" thing but it looks good here!

lsits

Gold Member
I wonder what they paid for the licensing fee? Got to be a pretty penny unless it's in the public domain.

uniongoon

Gold Member
I saw on the website that there are sparkle finishes in the possible future. Would that be a paint finish of actually embedded in the fiberglass? (fibREglass for Uniongoon).
I am in Canada, here it is spelled "fibre" so "fibreglass". We also have a "U" in colour.

Drumjinx

I saw on the website that there are sparkle finishes in the possible future. Would that be a paint finish of actually embedded in the fiberglass? (fibREglass for Uniongoon).
Like all of our finishes...the sparkle finishes are embedded in the resin.
They are the same color all the way through. We will have gold, silver, blue, red, green as well as some others. They do not look like your typical sparkle/glitters. You can also the the "grain" of the spun fiberglass roving. We will have examples of this at the Chicago Show in May