It's Tax Time

TColumbia37

Silver Member
So it's tax season again, and a lot of us will be getting some tasty checks here pretty soon. Is there anything you guys have had your eye on that you're finally gonna' pull the trigger on? There are certainly a few things that I've been lusting over for some time.

keep it simple

Platinum Member
Give all your tax refund money to me immediately, & I'll convert it into something that makes you smile every day :)

This subtle marketing message is brought to you by thinly veiled enterprises. A minimum spend of $1,000 is recommended for full beneficial effect.

T

The Old Hyde

This subtle marketing message is brought to you by thinly veiled enterprises. A minimum spend of $1,000 is recommended for full beneficial effect.

hahaha your out of control!

when I was single I used to get money back. Having a smart wife though, she makes our return come out to as close to zero as possible. why give the government an interest free loan. I miss that chunk of money!

TColumbia37

Silver Member

when I was single I used to get money back. Having a smart wife though, she makes our return come out to as close to zero as possible. why give the government an interest free loan. I miss that chunk of money!
That was a really great thing he did there.

It's definitely one of the benefits of being single. I get to spend my extra cash on new gear, rather than throw pillows!

firesgt911

Yep. Close to zero is the way to go. I can babysit my own money. When I was in the military, I used to get some huge returns. It seemed like it was the best part of the year, because we were so broke most of the time.

alparrott

Platinum Member

Exactly correct. I try to whittle ours down to next to nothing, and then we still go in for some whopping deductions.

Having said that, I must be old because I tend to save my tax returns towards large home or household projects.

T

The Old Hyde

Yep. Close to zero is the way to go. I can babysit my own money. When I was in the military, I used to get some huge returns. It seemed like it was the best part of the year, because we were so broke most of the time.
Exactly correct. I try to whittle ours down to next to nothing, and then we still go in for some whopping deductions.

Having said that, I must be old because I tend to save my tax returns towards large home or household projects.
my wife and I were excited last year, we owed like 23 dollars or something like that! I work with a guy that has an extra 10 bucks or something taken out of his check so he gets money back... he loves the big yearly check because he wont save the money otherwise.

A-customs

Silver Member
I bought a new kit already will pay for it with my return.I Know i shouldn't spend before i get it.but im weak........

drummer-russ

Gold Member
I am in the middle on this. Used to get big returns but made adjustments. I still get something back but not like I used to. For me I will be getting a new 7 mic set for live gigs that hopefully will be starting in about 6-10 weeks.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I will pay my Property taxes and have a wee bit left to put toward a new telly or is it telli?

TColumbia37

Silver Member
Sometimes you have to treat yourself!
^ Truedat!

For me, it's gonna' be a Roc-N-Soc Nitro throne - custom ordered in green, as nobody seems to stock that. And an AA Bash Ride.

The rest will go into savings and/or into much needed maintenance on my Jeep.

Smoke

Silver Member
Between the federal and state governments, I owe $33 USD. When I want something, I just buy it - no need to wait for some return of over-paid taxes.

Of course, all purchases over $50 must be approved by the War Department. ;-)

drummerjims

I also used to treat myself with my tax return money. If it were up to me I would put it to some new drum equipment. However I am going to take my wife on a nice vacation this year with our tax return.

CraigG

Read the title to this thread and threw up in my mouth a little bit. Refund?? what the heck is that!??!?!??

bonzolead

Platinum Member
Some new Zildjian "A's" are in order for me. probably a 19" thin crash and a new "Crash of Doom"

Bonzolead