It's all in the brain!

keep it simple

Platinum Member
If you ever doubted that it's your brain you're training, look at these examples below. Ever wondered why sometimes you can play something complicated without thinking, yet some simple stuff requires total concentration. Just look at how years of conditioning leads us down a certain path. Enjoy!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rgh it pclae.. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Count every ' F ' in the following text:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE

SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTI

FIC STUDY COMBINED WITH

THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS...

(SEE BELOW)

HOW MANY ?

WRONG, THERE ARE 6 -- no joke.

READ IT AGAIN !

Really, go Back and Try to find the 6 F's before you scroll down.

The reasoning behind it is further down.

The brain cannot process 'OF'.
Incredible or what? Go back and look again!!

J

Jennygirl

Damn! hehehe... that F one made me feel really stoopid. ;)

Speaking of all in the brain though, last week I went away and couldn't get any drumming in for a good 7 days. Before I left, struggling big time with bass drum + an afro cuban 6/8. Come back one week later MAGIC - can play! (ok, not perfectly but huge improvement). Musta sunk into the grey matter.

Amazing thing the human brain.

JPW

Silver Member
When I got the last "OF" I realized I had not counted them before. I can imagine it being harder for a person speaking english as their first language.

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
I've been fooled by the F game before so I was ready for it this time. Love the scrambled letters trick - it was surprisingly easy to read.

And yes, a lot of patterns are hard to play with groove at 40bpm ...

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I had no trouble finding 6 F's. I was use to seeing them on my first semester college report.

Florian

Gold Member
If you ever doubted that it's your brain you're training, look at these examples below. Ever wondered why sometimes you can play something complicated without thinking, yet some simple stuff requires total concentration. Just look at how years of conditioning leads us down a certain path. Enjoy!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rgh it pclae.. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Count every ' F ' in the following text:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE

SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTI

FIC STUDY COMBINED WITH

THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS...

(SEE BELOW)

HOW MANY ?

WRONG, THERE ARE 6 -- no joke.

READ IT AGAIN !

Really, go Back and Try to find the 6 F's before you scroll down.

The reasoning behind it is further down.

The brain cannot process 'OF'.
Incredible or what? Go back and look again!!
if you read it from bottom to top, you find 6 easily...this is an old proofreaders trick I learned....you catch spelling errors much easier this way.

F

Migaluch

whhhaaaaaaaaaaatttt? That F one pissed me off!!!

I enjoyed reading the scrambled one haha. Good Stuff.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I hate these things when they tell you why you couldn't see it! Makes me feel normal.
I do like the trick of proofreading backwards though, I'm gonna do that from now on....

Hicks

Goddamn that F counting really messed with my head. I counted only three F and I recounted several times. Only when I read the spoiler I saw the 'of' words! What a mindfuck...

Travis22

Cool post. I'd seen the "F" thing a few times, but never the jacked up sentences, that was very intresting.