Is this a Tama Metalworks?

Surfddue

I already thought that would be the price range. I bought it anyways because I have been wanting one for quite some time already but the new ones are, like you said, around 200.

Thank you for answering!

porter

Platinum Member
Well, for a 10" snare, probably under $100. Tama has sold a number of 10" snares for $100 in the past with a mount. Right now is a bad time to demonstrate this as they're selling a Soundworks 10" snare for $200, but...

Surfddue

I mean, it looks like it could be from an older generation. The second-most recent generation (of which I had one) had a fancier star badge and a different finish. That drum looks a bit older and the finish and budget vibe says "inexpensive steel" to me for sure, but seeing as I'm guessing it's a 10" snare, you should get very similar performance out of it as really any 10" steel snare.
What do you think their price range would be? (new or second-hand)

porter

Platinum Member
I mean, it looks like it could be from an older generation. The second-most recent generation (of which I had one) had a fancier star badge and a different finish. That drum looks a bit older and the finish and budget vibe says "inexpensive steel" to me for sure, but seeing as I'm guessing it's a 10" snare, you should get very similar performance out of it as really any 10" steel snare.

Surfddue

Dear drummers

I was wondering whether this is a Tama metalworks snare or not. It's several years old, not exactly sure how old.

Thanks in advance!