Is it worth it?

SLiK2FresH

Okay, The other day i went to check out my friends drum set because i might buy it. Its a 5 piece Sunlite Velocity Drumset. Original price is $470. Its in good condition except one of the lugs is broken, single brassed Cymbal Stand, and no Hi Hat Stand. And also it has Sabian B8 Hi Hats and a Sabian B8 Crash, and Also the toms have Remo Sound Controls with stock resonant heads, and a Powerstroke 2 or 3 im not sure on the bass. It does sound amazing also. But one thing, the drum sets over 8 years old. And he wants $300. But nothing has been changed for 8 years.
Well heres the List about it but i dont know if its worth it.
20" x 14" Bass Drum (Remo Powerstroke Batter)
10" x 10" Tom (Remo Sound Control Batter)
12" x 10" Tom (Remo Sound Control Batter and Pinstripe Resonant)
14" x 14" Floor Tom (Remo Sound Control Batter)
14" x 5 1/2" Snare (Stock)
13" Sabian B8 Hi Hat
16" Sabian b8 Crash
Tama Pedal (Idk what kind)
And one Single Braced Cymbal Stand

If i buy it I'd Have to get...
A new Boom Stand, A Hi Hat Stand,A Snare stand, New Snare Wires,and a New Lug.
Is it worth $300?
And its over 8 Years old but the shells are clean somewhat stratched here and there.
Is it worth it?

eliRYO

That is a kid's drum set. New it goes for about 470 on playmusic123. I wouldn't pay 300 for all that. If it is 8 years old, a set like that shouldn't be worth much at all. The B8's, once bought, lose there value immediately. If I would even consider offering, the 100-200 dollar range is probably more than adequate. If I were you, I would save up my money and wait for a better deal on some better quality used gear.

Now... if your purpose is to just have something to hit then by all means go ahead, but if you are planning on playing out or anything of the sort; don't invest in that kind of gear.

harryconway

Platinum Member
8 years old. He paid $470, so it cost him less than $59 a year, to play drums. He got his money's worth out of 'em, he should give them away. Walk away .... no .... run ..... from this deal.

SLiK2FresH

Well im not getting a new kit for a while so i though about getting it.
It does sound amazing. It sound a like a Tama you could say. But it would be perfect for a small gig drum set. But im trying to talk him down.

A-customs

Silver Member
Well im not getting a new kit for a while so i though about getting it.
It does sound amazing. It sound a like a Tama you could say. But it would be perfect for a small gig drum set. But im trying to talk him down.
Dont do it man,they are toys.For 400 you can get a nice used yamaha stage custom kit,or other name brand kits look on ebay......

Nodiggie

Gold Member
Listen to Harry.....run.

I wouldn't mind putting that kit upstairs in my shop's mezzanine. Always wanted to put a beater up there and just drive everyone nuts at work. Boss said I could do it !!!