Irish?

Funky Crêpe

Silver Member
I am trying to find irish drummers or in fact musicians...any takers?...everyone here seems to be from america, germany or autrallia!
cheers!

Breadmonkey

Pioneer Member
What's the craic? I've seen a few Irish on here alright, can't remember seeing anyone from Cork though (I'm in Dublin myself).

You a rugby fan? If so what a great day to be Irish. Grand Slam, first time in 61 years...O'Gara you cheeky bugger. We got seriously lucky with Jones missing that kick. And yes, credit where it's due, you Munster boys gave us the beef where we needed it. Great performance all tournament.

Anyway! I'm afraid i don't know of any jazzers down in Cork (I only know of metal players and they don't strike me as your cup of tea)

Check out the forum on www.drummingireland.com there's some sound lads on there who should be able to sort you out with some contacts. If you're looking for other musicians to play some Jazz with, contact Conor Guilfoyle on drumming ireland (he's a regular poster so it shouldn't be hard)

best of luck, man

Funky Crêpe

Silver Member
What's the craic? I've seen a few Irish on here alright, can't remember seeing anyone from Cork though (I'm in Dublin myself).

You a rugby fan? If so what a great day to be Irish. Grand Slam, first time in 61 years...O'Gara you cheeky bugger. We got seriously lucky with Jones missing that kick. And yes, credit where it's due, you Munster boys gave us the beef where we needed it. Great performance all tournament.

Anyway! I'm afraid i don't know of any jazzers down in Cork (I only know of metal players and they don't strike me as your cup of tea)

Check out the forum on www.drummingireland.com there's some sound lads on there who should be able to sort you out with some contacts. If you're looking for other musicians to play some Jazz with, contact Conor Guilfoyle on drumming ireland (he's a regular poster so it shouldn't be hard)

best of luck, man
hey,
thanks for the links.....ya...nail bittin stuff towards the end though!....see bernie dunne?
......hes back with a bang!!!!
anyway...i'll talk to ya later, cheers

I live near Chicago in the US, but I'm about 95% Irish (the other 5% is Scottish). I'm giving serious consideration to immigrating to Ireland for a while in the next year or two though, provided my girlfriend can get into a good school there for business accounting.

This may be a little off topic, but I read up on it a bit, and I guess I would have to reside there on a work visa or something like that for 7 years to get citizenship though. : ( My tentative plan right now is only to stay for a couple of years, but I may decide to live there permanently. Does anyone know if you can have dual-citizenship in Ireland? Because I'd hate to move there and then have trouble coming back to see my family. Or if I decided to move back to the US after ten years or so.

baz

Silver Member
I am trying to find irish drummers or in fact musicians...any takers?...everyone here seems to be from america, germany or autrallia!
cheers!
...you forgot Canada.

My Mother comes from Ireland. So does my Fathers people.

My Mother is not a drummer either, but I have seen her smack my oldest brother with a hockey stick. Does that make her a bodhran player?

Barry

Breadmonkey

Pioneer Member
I live near Chicago in the US, but I'm about 95% Irish (the other 5% is Scottish). I'm giving serious consideration to immigrating to Ireland for a while in the next year or two though, provided my girlfriend can get into a good school there for business accounting.

This may be a little off topic, but I read up on it a bit, and I guess I would have to reside there on a work visa or something like that for 7 years to get citizenship though. : ( My tentative plan right now is only to stay for a couple of years, but I may decide to live there permanently. Does anyone know if you can have dual-citizenship in Ireland? Because I'd hate to move there and then have trouble coming back to see my family. Or if I decided to move back to the US after ten years or so.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_nationality_law

God knows why you'd want to, man. Rainy, cold and with an absolutely awful music scene. But we do have the best milk and Guiness in the world, hands down. If you like either of those A LOT then by all means come on over!

PBW

If you were born in America then you are not actually Irish, despite the the birthplace of your parents. You are American. What about your grandparents? and their grandparents? and theirs? how far do you go back when trying to pick and choose your own nationality? 200 years? 2,000 years? 20,000 years? You can trace everyone on the planet back to Africa if you try hard enough.

kristen

I know somebody on the Pearl Drummers Forum that lives in Dublin... his username is Sparkie if you want to look him up

Funky Crêpe

Silver Member
...you forgot Canada.

My Mother comes from Ireland. So does my Fathers people.

My Mother is not a drummer either, but I have seen her smack my oldest brother with a hockey stick. Does that make her a bodhran player?

Barry
haha,depends on what angle it was at!

and thanks for the offer Kristen, but there would be no point as he is in Dublin....

and yes..Ireland does have TERRIBLE weather!!!!....raining today actually...

drum.lad

im irish im in limerick not to far from cork if me memory serves me right irish drummers are a rare thing arent we.

Funky Crêpe

Silver Member
Yoga in India vs. Yoga in Ireland

My wife (who is Irish) just sent me these so I thought I would share....
thats the typical irish stereotype!!!!
....we do seem to be few and far between.....but not just that, there is'nt alot of drummers who want to find others really!