I am trying to find irish drummers or in fact musicians...any takers?...everyone here seems to be from america, germany or autrallia!
hey,What's the craic? I've seen a few Irish on here alright, can't remember seeing anyone from Cork though (I'm in Dublin myself).
You a rugby fan? If so what a great day to be Irish. Grand Slam, first time in 61 years...O'Gara you cheeky bugger. We got seriously lucky with Jones missing that kick. And yes, credit where it's due, you Munster boys gave us the beef where we needed it. Great performance all tournament.
Anyway! I'm afraid i don't know of any jazzers down in Cork (I only know of metal players and they don't strike me as your cup of tea)
Check out the forum on www.drummingireland.com there's some sound lads on there who should be able to sort you out with some contacts. If you're looking for other musicians to play some Jazz with, contact Conor Guilfoyle on drumming ireland (he's a regular poster so it shouldn't be hard)
best of luck, man
...you forgot Canada.I am trying to find irish drummers or in fact musicians...any takers?...everyone here seems to be from america, germany or autrallia!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_nationality_lawI live near Chicago in the US, but I'm about 95% Irish (the other 5% is Scottish). I'm giving serious consideration to immigrating to Ireland for a while in the next year or two though, provided my girlfriend can get into a good school there for business accounting.
This may be a little off topic, but I read up on it a bit, and I guess I would have to reside there on a work visa or something like that for 7 years to get citizenship though. : ( My tentative plan right now is only to stay for a couple of years, but I may decide to live there permanently. Does anyone know if you can have dual-citizenship in Ireland? Because I'd hate to move there and then have trouble coming back to see my family. Or if I decided to move back to the US after ten years or so.
haha,depends on what angle it was at!...you forgot Canada.
My Mother comes from Ireland. So does my Fathers people.
My Mother is not a drummer either, but I have seen her smack my oldest brother with a hockey stick. Does that make her a bodhran player?