Invention Ideas

Richatoullie

Howdy! With NAMM right around the corner, and the inevitable release of the "pedal you have got to get" which features 3 more screws and some random shaped cam and a price hike of $200 among other things, I thought it'd be fun to consider some ideas for new interesting drum products.

The Vibraslap Snare Hoop

I feel that the success of Jojo Mayer's hoop crasher hints at the potential for more snare drum effect products. Imagine this: a hollowed out wood hoop with metal teeth inside, and a raised metal wiring that separates another wood hoop that is on top of the hollowed out hoop. When a rimshot is played, you get the most satisfying percussive sound this world ever did see, the vibraslap rattle.

Perhaps a castanet sound could also be produced through some rim add-on

Does anyone else have a nifty product idea?

keep it simple

Platinum Member
An earth shattering new bearing edge featuring a part round over, slight flat to the peak, then a 45 degree inner cut. Can't imagine anyone's thought of that before ------- oh wait ;)

JustJames

Platinum Member
A kit with a built in tuner that lets you tune to C every time.

60% of the time it works every time!

steadypocket

Gold Member
An earth shattering new bearing edge featuring a part round over, slight flat to the peak, then a 45 degree inner cut. Can't imagine anyone's thought of that before ------- oh wait ;)
Pay attention Larry. You deserve a share of all future sales for providing the inspiration for this invention.

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Guitar shock gag. You put it on the guitar when he's not looking, then hold a remote button behind the kit. Every time he starts to noodle...ZAP!!! He won't know what hit him. ZAP!!! ZAP!!! ZAP!!!

Les Ismore

Platinum Member
A kit with a built in tuner that lets you tune to C every time. 60% of the time it works every time!
This already exists as a portable unit allowing one to tune to a C fundamental and a C head note, or any other desired combination and it ends the dumb drummer syndrome-

Guitar player- "Hey, what notes are your drums tuned to?"

Drummer- " Ummm, I don't know, I just tune them till they sound good."

How about a drumstick thrower? If you drop a stick then you can press the pedal and it launches the stick into the air and you catch it and keep on playing! It would also look cool!

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
A retractable drum kit-push a button and it stores the cymbals and all the parts into a 2X2X4 ft. block for easy carry. Then push the button and it "magically" extends and assembles itself. Wouldn't that be the ticket? Course if someone accidentally hit the button while you were playing you'd be crushed like a trash compactor and end up in a 2X2X4 ft block. So maybe not

Last edited:

gdmoore28

Gold Member
Guitar shock gag. You put it on the guitar when he's not looking, then hold a remote button behind the kit. Every time he starts to noodle...ZAP!!! He won't know what hit him. ZAP!!! ZAP!!! ZAP!!!

Oh, I just have to have one of those! How many times have you tried to have a quick word with the keyboard player, like, "What's the next song?" and the guitarist has to blast out a noodle. How I'd love to hit that button in those situations. :)

GeeDeeEmm