INJURED! And being a wimp about it!

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
So, between the end of March and now - the pain totally went away. Then last week, it slowly started to come back. Went to the doctor on Monday and now I'm wearing a "cam walker boot" which is designed to keep my foot from bending - like a splint. Apparently, the doctor says I've re-injured myself because I didn't take all the time I needed for it to heal after the first bout.

I have to wear this boot for the next week (I've had it on since Monday, so 14 days total).

Problem is, I have to play full drumset this coming Monday evening. But, I've felt no pain for the last three days and have really been taking it easy. I'll probably wear the boot to this session and just take it off for the playing and as soon as I'm done (2 hours) I'll put it back on, take some ibuprofen and ice it when I get home. The boot is kinda' cool - I've never worn one before and like a cast, it has aided my heel and achilles tendon to heal properly, so I'm happy we finally tried this.

I did initially ask my doctor for my $20 co-pay back though.

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
Yes, it was exciting, and not in a good way! Shot wasn't so bad itself, but the doc wanted to make sure it went right in the spot that hurt the most, which means he had to FIND the spot that hurt the most...

I have to say, though, that the recovery afterward was amazing. Totally worth it.
Ooh, that's evil... glad it worked out!

I have to wear this boot for the next week (I've had it on since Monday, so 14 days total).

Problem is, I have to play full drumset this coming Monday evening. But, I've felt no pain for the last three days and have really been taking it easy. I'll probably wear the boot to this session and just take it off for the playing and as soon as I'm done (2 hours) I'll put it back on, take some ibuprofen and ice it when I get home. The boot is kinda' cool - I've never worn one before and like a cast, it has aided my heel and achilles tendon to heal properly, so I'm happy we finally tried this.

I did initially ask my doctor for my $20 co-pay back though.
That's good info, Bo - thanks! If my Achilles tendon gets worse I'll ask my doctor for a boot ... good luck with it.