INDe Drums

RobertM

Platinum Member
Any INDe drum owners on the forum? Those of you with INDe kits, are you happy with them?

I’m considering an 18/14/12 set and really like Josh’s new ResoArmor finishes, but those finishes are super expensive (same cost just about as a USA Custom kit). Given that cost, I’m concerned about the investment. The satin finish kits are still reasonably priced, just not as cool as the ResoArmor.

Thanks for any feedback.

Several folks have bought them and like them. Josh is a fairly active member on the board.

I guess my only word of caution is the make sure you absolutely love, love, love your custom order because it's definitely a buyer's market in the used equipment category. YMMV.

I’ve had this kit for about 2 months now. So far it is everything I expect from a premium kit. I opted for the satin finish as the resoarmor adds about 50% to the price and I carry my own kits these days so I’m not worried about it getting beat up. Josh was easy to work with and he built me some custom sizes. The best part is it is half the weight of the Gretsch USA it replaced.

Attachments

• AFE7B00E-6F82-419F-8F72-08E057540CB3.jpeg
    AFE7B00E-6F82-419F-8F72-08E057540CB3.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 68
I’ve had this kit for about 2 months now. So far it is everything I expect from a premium kit. I opted for the satin finish as the resoarmor adds about 50% to the price and I carry my own kits these days so I’m not worried about it getting beat up. Josh was easy to work with and he built me some custom sizes. The best part is it is half the weight of the Gretsch USA it replaced.

Those are really beautiful. Nice finish (y)

How do you like them vs the USA Customs?

Is the INDe hardware of their own design? I don’t mean the lugs & hoops, I mean the stands and tom mounts. The pic of the red kit shows DW look-alike gear (cool kit, too. I dig the tom & cymbal bracket on the bass drum).

I ask ‘cuz—to me—the ease of use, reliability and ease of replacement parts is critical. Having to wait 3 months for a hi-hat clutch is a deal-breaker.

To my knowledge, INDe does not make cymbal stands, snare stands, or pedals (or anything like that). That is DW hardware you're seeing in the pics, not lookalikes.

Yes, you are seeing stock DW hardware. Josh will do custom stuff (at good prices too).

Compared to my USA Custom? Number one, the build quality is much better, the cost and the weight are half. Sound quality, wonderful and you don’t need special sized heads like are required for using Gretsch.

I owned an 18/12/14 INDe kit, fine drums, really well made, super lightweight. Intelligent hardware design and the satin finishes look really nice in person. I went through a big drum purge and sold all my kits except my Noble and Cooley Horizon and Sonor Vintage kits.

Yes, you are seeing stock DW hardware. Josh will do custom stuff (at good prices too).

Compared to my USA Custom? Number one, the build quality is much better, the cost and the weight are half. Sound quality, wonderful and you don’t need special sized heads like are required for using Gretsch.
Special-sized heads for Gretsch??? Maybe for the vintage stuff, but modern Gretsch use standard sized heads. My Remo Ambassadors fit perfectly.

Was it wrapped by chance? I've heard that might be an issue with Gretsch, but I only play stained/lacquered kits.

Yes but they cut the wrap way back from the edges so even the hoop doesn't always completely cover it. Make that number 4 ?

Back