Today is My Late Husband's Birthday!

Please don't cry he's in a better place larryace.

Drummer_D

Ain't That a Kick In The Head. Enjoy!

Drummer_D

Today is my late husband's 4th Anniversary in Heaven and I thought I would share a personal moment. On this very day 4 years ago I was in Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston by my husband's bedside. My son and I were on each side of his bed as he held both of our hands while my daughter had her hand upon his shoulder and he sat right up in bed and pulled us towards him and said his last words, "come with me, come with me" and took his last breath. I'll always remember those words because I know someday I will see him again. Below is a picture of us when we were young and the poem I wrote for his birthday 9 days before.

Drummer_D View attachment 116690View attachment 116691View attachment 116692

My precious Husband, I miss you so
It doesn't seem that long ago
Singing and dancing, we were so in love
Now you're at home in Heaven above.

The 20th of March the first day of Spring
With Jesus our Lord, the King of Kings
Eternal Life, a gift from God, your spirit never dies
Heavenbound, the crown of life... your spirit is alive!

I think of you daily and wish you were here
Sharing our Dreams, our Love was Sincere
A Birthday Wish with a Great Big Kiss
You'll always be my Jimmie, forever you'll be missed.

I know that you are loved and in your Father's Glory
Celebrating your Birthday, I share your glorious story...
"Come with me, come with me," words you spoke so clear
Together Forever, Eternal Love... I will see you again my Dear!

Happy 4th Heavenly Birthday Honey!
Love, Your Angel Donna

He seems like an absolutely wonderful man and thank you for sharing!!!!

He seems like an absolutely wonderful man and thank you for sharing!!!!
He was a wonderful man and I was blest to know him for 54 years. I was 12 and he was 15 and I said, "someday when I grow up I'm going to marry that boy" and I did!

Drummer_D

This song is in loving memory of my husband Jimmie. On this very day March 29th 2018, 6 years ago he went home to be with the Lord. 20220409_125424.jpg
I just wanted to share this song that he sang over and over before he died. I also played it at his funeral. I miss him so much... he would have been a great drum partner. The world loss a great man!

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing your personal memories with us. I hope our support and encouragement helps you in this time.

I can just imagine you playing that song for him!

Happy Heavenly Birthday My Love

Happy Birthday Dear Jimmie in Heaven above
Sending you Kisses and all of my Love

Together Forever... Eternity Awaits
My Destiny Beckoning those Glorious Gates

Worshiping our Lord with Songs we'll Sing
Preparing my Heart for Christ the King!

"Eternal in Christ" you Whispered at the End
Know that I Love You and I'll see You Again!

Your Loving Angel, Donna
March 20, 2024

Beautiful song and some lovely photos. What wonderful memories you must have over all those years. Drum on - Jimmie would be proud of you.

My sincerest condolences, Donna.

God has loaned me his "Barbie" for these last 52 years. We've been married for 44 of them. They have not been perfect years, but we've managed to weather the storms of life as one. I look forward to eternity as I'm sure you do.

May God bless you and keep you while Jimmie waits for your homecoming, Donna.

So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. John 16:22, NIV

God has loaned me his "Barbie" for these last 52 years. We've been married for 44 of them. They have not been perfect years, but we've managed to weather the storms of life as one. I look forward to eternity as I'm sure you do.

May God bless you and keep you while Jimmie waits for your homecoming, Donna.

So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. John 16:22, NIV
My daughter and I just finished reading the Book of John and as I was reading that I never even applied those precious words to myself. When you sent that to to me it became alive in my spirit... thank you so much. Have a peaceful and blest day!

My daughter and I just finished reading the Book of John and as I was reading that I never even applied those precious words to myself. When you sent that to to me it became alive in my spirit... thank you so much.

That's the wondrous thing about the Bible - the same familiar words hold so many different messages. It's alive in us!

Have a peaceful and blest day!
I'm working on it! Same back at you and yours!!

Back