im new

lumpydrum

Im new to the world of drumming i just bought a practice pad some sticks and a book on how to read the music. Im also getting my counting down. If there is anything else i should know please let me know thank you

805Drummer

Gold Member
Im new to the world of drumming i just bought a practice pad some sticks and a book on how to read the music. Im also getting my counting down. If there is anything else i should know please let me know thank you
Cool, welcome to the forum, and good luck with your exciting drumming adventure!

The people here are super helpful, you'll love it!

razorx

Platinum Member
There is allot to learn and you have come to the right place.
Welcome to our home.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Welcome. Just start reading the posts here, this site is an unprecedented treasure trove of information.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Read your profile. Welcome to another Florida drummer and thanks for your time in Iraq. chin up and head down. One thing you will need is patience. the best thing I can tell you is to start slow and then add speed to whatever rudiments you are practicing. See you soon.

lumpydrum

Thank you for the good advice and for welcoming into the world of drumming. I hope i can put some tunes out for yall soon

Elvis

Silver Member
Hey Lumpy,

Welcome to the forum.
My best advice to you is to get with a teacher. If you're in school, check out their music program and see what they offer.
If school's a bust, teachers can be found at most music stores.
They can fill you in on everything you need to know.

Elvis

lumpydrum

Thanks for the good info again i got a teacher and i finnally got my practice pad so i can start to learn. thank you again

Dedworx

welcome to the drumming family lumpydrum.

i like a good echo. and its an echo because its the best advice anyone can give to a new player. great to see you've found one.

noodling with youtube can be handy too in finding some videos covering basic hand and foot technique to help you start out.

playing drums is a such a joy, good luck with your music.