If you could build you DREAM KIT, what would it be/include? (Shells, cymbals, hardware, etc.)

J

JohnoWorld

You don't have to buy one. Just a 135 mile drive to our demonstration room from Bedford & you can play them to your heart's content. Bring your Prolite too as a comparison in the same room. No expectations, no sales BS, just some drum fun :)
Now that's an invitation, thanks very much, once I come out of job limbo, I will take you up on that

PHIL2016

Drums:
(diameter x depth)

SJC Custom Drums
Champagne Glass Finish
22x14 Bass Drum
14x6.5 Snare Drum
10x6 Tom
12x7 Tom
14x12 Floor Tom
16x14 Floor Tom

Hardware:
DW 9000 Single Pedal
DW Flush Base Hi Hat Stand
DW Flush Base Boom Cymbal Stand x4
DW Flush Base Snare Stand

Cymbals:
Zildjian K Series Custom
21" K Organic Ride
18" K Custom Fast Crash[brilliant]
16" K Custom Fast Crash [brilliant]
14" K Custom Hybrid Reversible Hi Hats
Mics:
Sure Beta56 Bass Drum Mic
Sure SM 57 Snare
Sennhieser 421x4 Toms
Sure SM81 hats and overheads

MoreBeer

Silver Member
Well, its not exactly a dream although I'm thinking about a 5 piece shell pack of Tama Bubinga's (in this color) with a matching snare and converting my Yamaha's to an electronic kit. I can just use most of my hardware and all cymbals I have now with the Tama's. Possibly after the holidays.

belairien

Silver Member
Love them, and so does anyone else who has heard them. The hats are best I've ever heard or played hands down. You can coax so many sounds out of them. That smallish crash is perfect for small jazz/ blues sounds. The ride I like, too.
I'm really picky with sound of my ride and this one is close, but it still lacks a few nuances.
Awesome. I liked them from their sound demos, but no one local sells them. I play anything from funk to metal, but prefer larger thinner cymbals.
They should be good for my dream kit of 14-18-24.
Some of the clips sounded similar to my prototype Paiste twenty ride. That is where I want them :)

Rattlin' Bones

Gold Member
Love them, and so does anyone else who has heard them. The hats are best I've ever heard or played hands down. You can coax so many sounds out of them. That smallish crash is perfect for small jazz/ blues sounds. The ride I like, too.
I'm really picky with sound of my ride and this one is close, but it still lacks a few nuances.

How do you like those Dream cymbals? They've been on my radar for a while, and seem more likely to obtain than the rest of my dream kit.

belairien

Silver Member
I just got my dream jazz/blues kit and set it up: Craviotto drums with Dream Bliss cymbals. Pearl kick pedal and hi-hat stand. We'll, I've had the cymbals and hardware for a while. The Crav kit is new.
How do you like those Dream cymbals? They've been on my radar for a while, and seem more likely to obtain than the rest of my dream kit.

Rattlin' Bones

Gold Member
I just got my dream jazz/blues kit and set it up: Craviotto drums with Dream Bliss cymbals. Pearl kick pedal and hi-hat stand. We'll, I've had the cymbals and hardware for a while. The Crav kit is new.

Attachments

M

Matt Bo Eder

My dream kit would include a ton of sizes to give plenty of options for the many bands/styles I play. Something that includes most tom sizes 8"-16" (normal depths) and (2) 22x18" kicks.

I've recently become semi-obsessed with white drum kits, and it's largely due to this one (which also happens to include all the sizes I'd want):

(Inferno of Behemoth on a Pearl Reference Pure kit) It's those tube lugs that do it for me, and I'd even opt for those two 6" rocket toms!

As for brand...man, I have no idea. I wish I could say that I've had the opportunity to try out a bunch of different stuff, but sadly, I just haven't. I doubt I'd be disappointed by high end offerings of any of the major brands though. For a not-so-major brand, Spaun drums has always caught my eye...they have some insanely sexy kits and finishes on their site. What I've heard of them has been really impressive too.

Cymbals are a no brainer - all Paiste all the way (just as it is already for me) with enough series, sizes and models to change out pies at any given time to meet any style I'm doing.
You're not kidding about those lugs. Reference Pures are true instruments. I love mine.

incrementalg

Gold Member
You don't have to buy one. Just a 135 mile drive to our demonstration room from Bedford & you can play them to your heart's content. Bring your Prolite too as a comparison in the same room. No expectations, no sales BS, just some drum fun :)
Well, based on whats happening with the Sterling, purchase may be more within reach!

RickP

Gold Member
I already own my Dream kits ( Yamaha PHX and Noble and Cooley Horizon) and cymbal sets ( Paiste Masters and Istanbul Agops). I may purchase some add on toms for the Noble and Cooley kit in the future, but other than that I am good.

keep it simple

Platinum Member
If you don't mind, we'll leave the mapex guys at home ;-)
Well, I've become pretty firm friends with Matt Halpern this year, & he's scheduled to visit for a hang. Guru is a fairly broad church ;) ;) ;)

Gretsch players however - (oh wait, Karl Brazil plays our snares - danm, I need to think)

Groov-E

Silver Member
I have been in England once and did not know about you guys, and man if I ever go back and this invitation extends to every respectful drummer then rest assured I'll bring the drinks !

keep it simple

Platinum Member
I just don't have enough money to just "try one out".