If anybody saw that spam this morning...

One Up One Down

The thread has since been deleted (thanks mods!), but it had a link to a "podcast" named reiprocgeekbtooth on the podomatic.com site. Well, I reported the podcast to the site and they have informed me that the account has been disabled.

So, haha spammer. I'm sure they'll just duplicate their nonsense somewhere else but whatever, we can have fun too can't we?

AzHeat

Platinum Member
All are set up via automation, so the spammer expended little effort, nor did he get the message of our displeasure. He/she got thousands of clicks and basking in Their toils. Since it worked, the automation will be updated to launch the next attack. It may not be spam next time.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I get up at 4am. You should see all the spammers in the members list just waiting to get deleted. Some of them are crafty and have names similar to members. Most do not.

One Up One Down

All are set up via automation, so the spammer expended little effort, nor did he get the message of our displeasure. He/she got thousands of clicks and basking in Their toils. Since it worked, the automation will be updated to launch the next attack. It may not be spam next time.
I know! But I'm still happy with what I did. It won't change anything I know, but whatevs.

AzHeat

Platinum Member
Best way to block is for the spammer to have to verify they aren’t a robot when creating an account.

They will never quit, so long as they can find one little old lady to rob blind every month. Want to have some real fun, take the spam call that tells you your Microsoft license is about to expire, or you have a virus on your machine they can help clean up. The longer you keep them talking, the less they make. I usually play along with OMG, really? What do I do? How do I stop it? Yeah, please help, but then too much of an idiot to follow instructions and install their crap. What’s a start button? Where? What does it look like.....after about 30 minutes of those shenanigans, I tell them “I have a Mac you dumb &$s@!”

Now that’s fun!