I visited Andy, and he survived!

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
I will slap those puppies!

Andy, I've said it before and I'll say it again. You the man.
Indeed....

Plus, sometimes you even associate with me you poor bugger.
...indeed !

...Ben's playing in Sydney tonight - hoping to see Gloryhammer in action!
Wonderful... enjoy and say hello from me Grea :)

BTW, thought it might be worth including a picture of Liam. No prizes for guessing the likeness :)
mmmh... apart from the glasses, he doesn't look like me at all... :)

Must admit, you take on board so much more when you watch someone actually doing it rather than telling you about it. Somehow, it's just more real.
Absolutely... and it apply to playing as well :)

Grolubao

That's cool :) Must admit, you take on board so much more when you watch someone actually doing it rather than telling you about it. Somehow, it's just more real.

Exactly, where do you start, what do you focus on, & what do you leave out. It's tough to cram enough knowledge into a session to be worthwhile, make it interesting enough to digest, then align it to something that will be useful in the real world.
I know there is a lot to cover, which is great, that's why I believe a 2 day session would be better. Alternatively, you can maybe associate with The Drum Channel to create a series of videos about construction, bearings, how it affects the sound, etc.

For example, I'm interested in potentially buying a Guru drum set, but I would need to be perfectly aware of all the things that will influence the sound so I can make the sensible choice.

keep it simple

Platinum Member
I know there is a lot to cover, which is great, that's why I believe a 2 day session would be better. Alternatively, you can maybe associate with The Drum Channel to create a series of videos about construction, bearings, how it affects the sound, etc.
That's all possible, & I'd be happy to hook up with someone to do that, but my biggest constraint is available time. I just don't have any :( Anyone who knows me will tell you, if I do something, I do it properly. For me, that would entail a huge amount of preparation. Maybe something for the future :)

For example, I'm interested in potentially buying a Guru drum set, but I would need to be perfectly aware of all the things that will influence the sound so I can make the sensible choice.
Ultimately, it's up to us to get sufficient material up on our website to facilitate that. The construction side of the site will be expanded a lot in the coming months. That said, if someone is interested in tying down the best specification, the best course is to speak to me directly. A one to one is always the best route.

mmmh... apart from the glasses, he doesn't look like me at all... :)
:)