I think I have a problem and I need help

wombat

Huangmi

I hope you realise that many of the replies are jokes which you either dont get because I suspect you are from another country / culture and English may not be your preffered language or you dont get because you are taking things far to seriously and/or literally

(if you dont know what literally is look it up, dont ask what it means in a thread......)

The bit about trolling is I would suggest a sarcastic joke about the voices being trolls and asking you ( by suggestion a troll yourself) to come out and play.
(a troll in your case being a person who posts extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community with the deliberate intent of disrupting normal on-topic discussion )

The suggestion is your threads tend to be naive at best, or annoying and off topic at best.... 2 examples are your topics like the one about "Should I choose Tae Kwon Do or Druming" or this current thread of "how do I make the voices go away")....both Naive, Annoying and / or trolling.

I would suggest that some people have become annoyed as these threads have no end. A number of people have taken your posts seriously and given serious answers and yet you either question the answer given, fish for more information ( "so are you saying I should.....) or ask the same question in another way.

I didnt even bother answering your thread about Tae Kwon Do or playing the drums. In your own admission your Mum did not want you to, so you seemingly endlessly asked for our opinion. It was a bit like going and asking your Dad for permission when your Mum says no.

Cant you make up your own mind in life ? Whats our view got to do with it anyway ? Are you going to spend the rest of your life asking people what you should do when Mummy says no ?

This is a board of adults dealing with a 12 year olds issue, but the key thing is EVEN WHEN PEOPLE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION you kept asking it over and over again

I sat at my computer wondering " what answer will satisfy this guy" nothing anyone says is enough !!

Again with this current thread people have given serious answers saying "yes they have heard various noises before its NOT ghosts" but somehow again you have ignored their kind answers and asked the same question in different guises over and over again.

What is it you want to hear ? What will satisfy you and shut you up.?

Are you very very young and suffer from external locus of control issues ( look it up dont ask here) are you scared you may have a mental illness because you hear voices.? Someone already said if you hear voices all the time, not just occasonally during drum practice, SEE A DOCTOR.

And as for this exchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw99 View Post
Probably the other trolls asking to come out and play.

(you huangmi) Did they ask you to ask me to come out and play?
That suggests you either have cultural nuance/ English language issues,or you are "trolling" your own post.

You have your answers, if you are really concerned see a Doctor.

I would respectfully suggest that this thread be closed by the moderator. It is attention seeking for its own purposes.....

Nancy_C

The suggestion is your threads tend to be naive at best, or annoying and off topic at best.... 2 examples are your topics like the one about "Should I choose Tae Kwon Do or Druming" or this current thread of "how do I make the voices go away")....both Naive, Annoying and / or trolling.
I think you and others nailed it -- we have a troll.

I just reported one of Huangmi's comments that poked fun, in a nasty way, at a particular religion. I don't think I've ever reported a comment in my life, and I'm new here, but it doesn't seem like the type of community that welcomes that sort of intolerance. (It was in the "off-topic lounge" thread.)

Mods, please accept my apology and delete this post if it's inappropriate.

ETA: Reported post was promptly removed.

Last edited:

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member
Great post Wombat!

Not a troll though.....at least, I don't think he is. Just a kid who talks but doesn't listen and who asks but doesn't wanna hear. Which in it's own right is par for the course really. Especially when I think back to the years when I too possesed the combined knowledge of mankind. It's hard to be told when you already know everything.
But there's no doubt it's taxing. Hence the calibre of replies that are starting to filter through.

With a bit of luck this may be his defining moment.

Friggin hilarious!!!
And here I was, only a few short weeks ago, complaining that this place had lost it's sense of humour. How wrong I was. These threads are just pure fodder for it!! It's like fishing with no bait.

Dutch

Great post Wombat!

Not a troll though.....at least, I don't think he is. Just a kid who talks but doesn't listen and who asks but doesn't wanna hear. Which in it's own right is par for the course really. Especially when I think back to the years when I too possesed the combined knowledge of mankind. It's hard to be told when you already know everything.
But there's no doubt it's taxing. Hence the calibre of replies that are starting to filter through.

With a bit of luck this may be his defining moment.

And here I was, only a few short weeks ago, complaining that this place had lost it's sense of humour. How wrong I was. These threads are just pure fodder for it!! It's like fishing with no bait.
+1 for Wombat..

Dutch

Duck Tape

Platinum Member
Can Drummerworld make room for a Huangmi with super rare stage customs and Asian parents?

HuangmiWorld?

JimFiore

Silver Member
In all of this banter no one has asked the most important question of all: What is the proper pronunciation of "Huangmi"? Is the H or N or G silent? Is the trailing I long or perhaps a long E? Is it "Hang Me"? How about "Wang My" or maybe "Hun Me"? Perhaps "You an' me"?

Then again, it may not follow any particular grammatical rules with which we are familiar, and like the Monty Python sketch, it's pronounced "Throatwobbler-Mangrove".

Then again again, it could be an anagram for "Mia Nugh".

Curious minds don't want to know.

MileHighDrummer

I don't want to alarm you but if you are "hearing voices" on a regular basis that may be an early sign of schizophrenia-which don't freak out it isn't as stigmatized and you are not cursed (and 10% of the population of the planet has it
It's actually less than 1% so please be careful with this. Schizophrenia can be extremely dangerous.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I wasn't making a diagnosis-just they need to get it checked out. It isn't anything to ignore-sorry if I misspoke on stats (I don't why I stated so high-that doesn't make common sense-pulled it out my butt). I am not a clinical psychologist and was just recounting what someone else had told me about that disease. However I did get my PhD from a medical school and while I was in grad school a friend of mine was diagnosed-went on to complete her Phd and still productive to this day. I was going from what I recollect here saying about people treating her like a freak of nature and it wasn't an uncommon mental issue. Basically stating schizophrenia doesn't make you a psycho killer. Lot of negative stereotypes and stigmatism associated with the disease as she lamented. I am mostly deaf without hearing aids and while I've had tinnitus I've never heard voices. I just read that when treated schizophrenics are no more violent than the general population.

tamadrm

Platinum Member
In all of this banter no one has asked the most important question of all: What is the proper pronunciation of "Huangmi"? Is the H or N or G silent? Is the trailing I long or perhaps a long E? Is it "Hang Me"? How about "Wang My" or maybe "Hun Me"? Perhaps "You an' me"?

Then again, it may not follow any particular grammatical rules with which we are familiar, and like the Monty Python sketch, it's pronounced "Throatwobbler-Mangrove".

Then again again, it could be an anagram for "Mia Nugh".

Curious minds don't want to know.
I used to work with a Chinese /American cop years ago,and his last name was Huang.He said the proper pronunciation of it was "wang".

Then again,I don't know if he was Cantonese or Mandarin.I'm sure that might make a difference.The OP might be hearing voices in Cantonese,Mandarin or english with an Aussie accent mate.Or maybe Cantonese,with an Aussie accent.Boggles the mind it does.:):)

Steve B