I Just Became a Bosphorus Artist

I don't know how endorsements work. If you are not interested in getting cymbals in exchange for brand exposure, what is the point of the contract?

Assuming they all work in a roughly similar way then one of the 'perks' is that Bosphorous will replace any cymbals he bust's.

I recall a conversation I had with Jamie Oliver (UK Subs drummer, not the crap chef). He has an endorsement deal with Stagg cymbals. He broke his main cymbal once and had a sparkly new one arrive with him prior to his next gig.

Hi guys,

I have just signed contracts to become a Bosphorus artist and endorsee. I have been working towards this for a long time, and wanted to share this with my Drummerworld friends. I have been playing Bosphorus cymbals for my entire playing career. I love them, and genuinely believe they are the best cymbals in the world. To finally forge an official, professional, relationship with the company that makes them has been part of my dream for a long time.

Some of you may remember me from the drum studio construction videos I made over the last few years. I also have a linear drumming book out, various albums and session credits, a YouTube channel, and lots of regular teaching and freelance playing.

Over the years, I have been active and less active on these forums, but it has always been a place for me to seek good advice, have good discussions, and make a few friends along the way, so thank you all for that.

I have no idea what the next step entails, but it's an exciting one to take, that, as I said, I have been working towards for a long time. In this industry, you can often feel like you're banging your head against a locked door, but today that door just crept open a little bit.

Thanks all, and keep pushing!

Jonathan

Good effort. Many congratulations.

I'll be stoked when Dream Cymbals realise what a good job I'm doing of promoting their stuff on the Northern English weekend warrior scene and decide to make me one of their UK ambassadors.

It's inevitable. Matter o' time :) :)

Good effort. Many congratulations.

I'll be stoked when Dream Cymbals realise what a good job I'm doing of promoting their stuff on the Northern English weekend warrior scene and decide to make me one of their UK ambassadors.

It's inevitable. Matter o' time :) :)

Too right! Weekend warriors are probably single-handedly keeping the industry afloat, so these companies would be wise to pay attention. I'll put in a good word for you down at the LDS on Saturday ;)

Cheers mate.

Congratulations Jonathan. Cool beans.

I just don't understand why you played them your whole life, you wanted a deal, you got a deal, they offer you cymbals and you turn them down.

I so don't get that. They offered.

Your reasons for turning them down? I'm just thinking what a great opportunity to try a set in a series you don't have any experience with.

I wish you would have taken the cymbals. I find it anticlimactic that you didn't jump on them, sorry.

Congratulations Jonathan. Cool beans.

I just don't understand why you played them your whole life, you wanted a deal, you got a deal, they offer you cymbals and you turn them down.

I so don't get that. They offered.

Your reasons for turning them down? I'm just thinking what a great opportunity to try a set in a series you don't have any experience with.

I wish you would have taken the cymbals. I find it anticlimactic that you didn't jump on them, sorry.

Thanks Larry.

There's a little more to it than I made out. Basically, the generic contract, and the way it was worded, stated that I had to travel to their head office, sign the contract, at which time I could choose a set of cymbals. Bare in mind this would have been a full day's travel at considerable expense.

When I queried this with my contact, he stated that it was perfectly fine to scan the contract and send it electronically. I then said that, because I didn't particularly need any new cymbals, I'd save myself the cost and the day's journey and sign the contract electronically.

I'm not generally in the habit of turning down a set of cymbals, but there were caveats here. I'm meeting them all at the LDS on Saturday, so we'll see what transpires then.

Thanks Larry.

There's a little more to it than I made out. Basically, the generic contract, and the way it was worded, stated that I had to travel to their head office, sign the contract, at which time I could choose a set of cymbals. Bare in mind this would have been a full day's travel at considerable expense.

When I queried this with my contact, he stated that it was perfectly fine to scan the contract and send it electronically. I then said that, because I didn't particularly need any new cymbals, I'd save myself the cost and the day's journey and sign the contract electronically.

I'm not generally in the habit of turning down a set of cymbals, but there were caveats here. I'm meeting them all at the LDS on Saturday, so we'll see what transpires then.

I can understand that. I'm sorry for going there, but it really puzzled me to the point where I couldn't contain myself.

Again, nice work. I wish you all the best man.

Hi guys,

I have just signed contracts to become a Bosphorus artist and endorsee. I have been working towards this for a long time, and wanted to share this with my Drummerworld friends. I have been playing Bosphorus cymbals for my entire playing career. I love them, and genuinely believe they are the best cymbals in the world. To finally forge an official, professional, relationship with the company that makes them has been part of my dream for a long time.

Some of you may remember me from the drum studio construction videos I made over the last few years. I also have a linear drumming book out, various albums and session credits, a YouTube channel, and lots of regular teaching and freelance playing.

Over the years, I have been active and less active on these forums, but it has always been a place for me to seek good advice, have good discussions, and make a few friends along the way, so thank you all for that.

I have no idea what the next step entails, but it's an exciting one to take, that, as I said, I have been working towards for a long time. In this industry, you can often feel like you're banging your head against a locked door, but today that door just crept open a little bit.

Thanks all, and keep pushing!

Jonathan

Congrats brother ! I played Bosphorus for almost 10 years . They're beautiful cymbals . You also seem to have a good idea of endorsements and how they work .

We also have the same surname . Represent !

Back