Humber College, any good?

pt3407

I’m interested in applying for Humber College’s (lakeshore campus in Ontario) music program for a bachelor of percussion. Many people from the high school I go to right now like to trash Humber but I don’t know why. I saw the reviews on Facebook and most of them are five stars.

What’s the reason for all the trash talk behind Humber College?

G

Ghostnote

What's your motivation for going to music school? If you want to become a music teacher or something, then fair enough. If you just want to become a good player, then you can do that without going to school. A music degree is not really all that useful in the real world.

As far as I know Hjmber's music program is pretty good. St.FX might be another school you might check out. Their jazz program is excellent.

D

drumming sort of person

What do you want a degree in music for? I don't know if there are many jobs with any of the Canadian symphonies/orchestras. They're slowly disintegrating from lack of money.

Humber is a fine college. So are Mohawk, Seneca and George Brown.

RickP

Gold Member
Humber College has an excellent Music Program with some of the World's best instructors in Paul DeLong, Larnell Lewis and Mark Kelso ( currently on sabbatical but will be back this coming year I believe). It has an excellent curriculum that will really challenge you.

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
Just like the USA, I'm sure there are multiple resources which grade colleges and universities in Canada.

Also, try to find people who have gotten a music degree from there, see what they are doing now, and ask them about their experiences.

I'd believe former students and published stats before I believed my friends.