How to mount a tom drum?

c0ok1e

I bought a 10" tom and the seller told me its Pearl. WHen I got the tom, I try to mount it with a Pearl tom holder TH-88 but it doesnt fit. I think I got cheated.

The tom doesnt carry any brand on it maybe its somekind of generic tom. ANyways, what are the ways I can mount the tom?

The pearl tom holder diameter is too big for the tom mount hole. It cant go in.

wsabol

Gold Member
The RIMS mounts are awesome. They can adapt to any existing mounting system, and they are one of the best mounting systems out there... used by a lot of drum builders.

Otherwise you can always take the hardware off and mount the tom on a snare stand.

jkevn

Pearl tom arms are 7/8" diameter. Many of the stencil/starter kits have tom arms that are 3/4" diameter.
3/4" tom arms are available from Gibraltar and Cannon. The problem is getting them tight in the bass drum mount designed for 7/8". I have taken the top of a smaller arm apart at the "elbow" and combined it with the other half of a 7/8".

If you really intend to keep this tom for a while, and want it mounted to your kit, buy the Pearl BT-3 tom mount for the drum.
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=pearl+bt+tom+mount&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=12558795725411689419&sa=X&ei=_Wu5TcaDHs-1tweZ1vDeBA&ved=0CD0Q8wIwAQ#