how much should i sell my cymbals for?

charliejuson

hi, i have the following cymbals i need to sell and their conditions…

- 14" zbt hats; good condition, top hat dirty but other than that excellent condition
- 16" zit crash; few dents around the outside, but nothing major (still sounds the same as it did before)
- 20" paiste 302 ride - excellent condition, just a few stick marks
- 12" meinl meteor splash; great condition just a little dirty and a few stick marks

i want to sell these on ebay but not sure how much to put them on their for.

- should i sell them as a set or individually?
- how much should i sell them for?

i could really do with the money as i just bought a tama starclassic bubinga kit + hardware and cymbals which all came to about £2,050 which my parents paid for and i am paying them back as this was an amazing deal. i have paid about £700 off so I'm almost half way and am just trying to sell a few things to be able to get rid of my debt quicker.

If you guys could help me and tell me how much i should sell them for and whether i should sell them as a set or individually it would be much appreciated, thanks:)

Drummerboyo

I'm not going to try and price up your cymbals because the condition factor will affect the price considerably, but my experience with eBay is you always get a high price for items listed individually, with regards to the price, type in the search bar one of the cymbals and on the far left hand side is a "completed listing" tab, click that and it'll bring up previous sales for that item, prices in red have not sold for the asking price, prices in green has successfully sold. Look at the green prices and check their cymbal condition then average out the price to cymbals in a similar condition. And if you don't want to sell them to cheap you can always do .99 start listings with a reserve. But be clear with your description of dents location and how many.
Hope this helps a little :)

(That's what I would do anyway)

Duck Tape

Platinum Member
I sold a very new paiste pst3 pack for $150aud.

They're not worth much money really, let some high school kid buy them cheap.

Beam Me Up Scotty

Silver Member
Yeah, I also recommend checking on eBay to get an idea of how much people are selling them for. Then, take into account the condition as you price them.

Congrats on the Tama kit, that's a great kit that will last you a lifetime. Any chance for pics?

Mark_S

Silver Member
Yes checking eBay is a good idea. Check the "sold items" option so you can see roughly what items are currently worth. It's worth as much as someone is willing to pay really..

SquadLeader

Gold Member
hi, i have the following cymbals i need to sell and their conditions…

- 14" zbt hats; good condition, top hat dirty but other than that excellent condition
- 16" zit crash; few dents around the outside, but nothing major (still sounds the same as it did before)
- 20" paiste 302 ride - excellent condition, just a few stick marks
- 12" meinl meteor splash; great condition just a little dirty and a few stick marks

i want to sell these on ebay but not sure how much to put them on their for.

- should i sell them as a set or individually?
- how much should i sell them for?

i could really do with the money as i just bought a tama starclassic bubinga kit + hardware and cymbals which all came to about £2,050 which my parents paid for and i am paying them back as this was an amazing deal. i have paid about £700 off so I'm almost half way and am just trying to sell a few things to be able to get rid of my debt quicker.

If you guys could help me and tell me how much i should sell them for and whether i should sell them as a set or individually it would be much appreciated, thanks:)
I have bought and sold a decent amount on Ebay (1400 feedback, all positive)

So accept my advice as what it is...just advice.

Sell your items individually...and give them a 99p start with no reserve.

You will sell them, for what they are worth.

Be mindful of when your auction will run and end...if you're listing leading up to Christmas you may attract someone shopping for a Christmas treat....but don't allow the auction to finish during the middle of a working day, nor on a holiday else you will lose a lot of 'footfall'.

Ensure you check the price of postage before listing. Personally on heavier/expensive items I take them to the PO before listing to have exact price quoted...nothing worse than seeing part of your sale price chipped away due to undercharging for postage.

charliejuson

thanks guys, my cymbals are up now, i managed to sell the hats for £45/$75, the crash is bidding, it has 1 1/2 days left and has two bids and is at £10.99 atm and the ride is the same.

the splash, i could not find anywhere so i just put it starting bid for £0.99