How many U.S. Congressmen does it take?

rogue_drummer

Gold Member
How many U.S.Congressmen does it take to change a light bulb?

The decision is still tied up in heated and lengthy bi-partisan committee hearings trying to determine where funding will come from, if any lobbyist or PAC money is needed to help determine the brand of bulb to be used, amount of wattage required, environmental impact studies needed, who the recipient of the light from the new bulb will be, if the new light be considered “green” energy, how the parties will look if the bulb is not changed, and if it is changed, how many Americans will be put out of a job by letting outsourced H1-B Visa holders perform the work of actually changing the bulb. The actual tools necessary to do the job will be voted on the next time Congress convenes.

We've had so much prosperity that these people have nothing better to do than to sit around, overthink, and come up with these stupid ideas... ideas that work against our progress.

so STAY AWAY FROM MY DRUMS!

Last edited:
I hear they're going to kick it to a super-committee to figure out. That should work out.

How many U.S.Congressmen does it take to change a light bulb?

The decision is still tied up in heated and lengthy bi-partisan committee hearings trying to determine where funding will come from, if any lobbyist or PAC money is needed to help determine the brand of bulb to be used, amount of wattage required, environmental impact studies needed, who the recipient of the light from the new bulb will be, if the new light be considered “green” energy, how the parties will look if the bulb is not changed, and if it is changed, how many Americans will be put out of a job by letting outsourced H1-B Visa holders perform the work of actually changing the bulb. The actual tools necessary to do the job will be voted on the next time Congress convenes.

Ha! To keep it up to date, I'd add, "Consideration of whether or not light bulbs are tyrannical and an infringement on liberty."

Well, I've read the Constitution many times. Many, many times. And not once does it mention light bulbs, therefore, I've come to the conclusion that light bulbs are unconstitutional. Furthermore, I want proof that they were "born in the USA". The box says "made in China" ... but can I/should I really believe "everything" I read. What's to stop the Canadians from making light bulbs, and simply printing "made in China" on the box. If they were really Chinese, shouldn't they have Chinese writing on them. Smart, those Canadians ... selling their light bulbs in our 99 cent stores, while the Chinese get the blame .... when will the madness ever end?​

Well, I've read the Constitution many times. Many, many times. And not once does it mention light bulbs, therefore, I've come to the conclusion that light bulbs are unconstitutional. Furthermore, I want proof that they were "born in the USA". The box says "made in China" ... but can I/should I really believe "everything" I read. What's to stop the Canadians from making light bulbs, and simply printing "made in China" on the box. If they were really Chinese, shouldn't they have Chinese writing on them. Smart, those Canadians ... selling their light bulbs in our 99 cent stores, while the Chinese get the blame .... when will the madness ever end?​

I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees what Canada has been up to.

The light bulbs in China say, "Made Around the Corner" on them. In English.

Don't forget the part where they all buy stock in the light bulb company ahead of time, then award that company a no-bid contract to change ALL the light bulbs, earning them all millions.

Lol it is a hard decision. Lighting technology is changing so fast...Compact fluorescents were just gaining a foothold and now we have LED's, which are more efficient, but don't yield the best quality light yet. Then there's the dimming issue. I'd wait a few years to see how things shake out before committing to anything. Lighting is a huge part of any companies energy bill and it deserves close attention.

But yea, the government could over-complicate a shoelace.

To save training costs, I guess they'd go for the screwed variety, as congressmen/politicians are pretty used to that method of operation. To save even more money, they could multitask too. Screwing the light bulb whilst simultaneously smiling at a press conference to deny support of 3rd world outsourcing of electrical components.

As one who has actually done an Environmental Impact Statement - LOL at this thread.

I am an electrician and the lighting products are in major flux right now. Bad time to commit to anything large scale IMO. I would like to see the dust settle a bit, to see where things shake out. LED's are great for certain things, but the quality of light has issues with certain applications, they are very harsh. I don't know anything about the eyestrain factor of LED's. I do know when the new LED stage bars are on it is glare city. I can't see a thing past those lights. Lighting affects worker productivity, and no real long term studies have been done because it's just becoming available commercially.

I am an electrician and the lighting products are in major flux right now. Bad time to commit to anything large scale IMO. I would like to see the dust settle a bit, to see where things shake out. LED's are great for certain things, but the quality of light has issues with certain applications, they are very harsh. I don't know anything about the eyestrain factor of LED's. I do know when the new LED stage bars are on it is glare city. I can't see a thing past those lights. Lighting affects worker productivity, and no real long term studies have been done because it's just becoming available commercially.

Wouldn't the solution then be to use LED lights with a diffuser and/or filter to soften the light?

I object to the replacement of the light bulbs as no reason has been given as to why the current light sources need replacement.
Changing the light bulbs may mean we could spend many minutes in darkness; think of the working time that would be lost as a result of this unnecessary project.
As a British ambassador, I am concerned for how the U.S may be damaged as a result of their decreased economic activity, and how this may affect joint operations in future.

My concern as the Mayor is, that all of these Tastee Freeze ice cream cone flourescent bulbs are supposed to be recycled when expired and I don't see that happening. They will be chucked into the trash as any other bulb because of their size, and pollute all future land fills. Their misuse will cause more harm than their predecessor.

I already throw them in the trash because I got in trouble for throwing them out of my car window.

Back