How do I Get Toms That Match My Current Ones?

SteelersFREAK

Ive been playing for about a year and i wanted to know where i would get a floor tom that matches my set. Im kinda new to the whole thing so can someone please just let me know. Thanks in advance

mrchattr

Gold Member
What kind of kit do you have? Is it still made by the company? If so, you should be able to just order through a drum shop. If not, then check on eBay, etc.

chocorion

I would say check local drum stores and stuff on craigs list (that's nearby of course), so you can go check it out. I made the mistake once of ordering a new 10" tom for my mapex pro m online... The transparent black finish was totally darker than on my kit when I received it...noticable up close, from far away, not so much. If you order online, you're taking a risk at the finish not matching exactly. I am pretty picky though...

eddiehimself

Platinum Member
I would say check local drum stores and stuff on craigs list (that's nearby of course), so you can go check it out. I made the mistake once of ordering a new 10" tom for my mapex pro m online... The transparent black finish was totally darker than on my kit when I received it...noticable up close, from far away, not so much. If you order online, you're taking a risk at the finish not matching exactly. I am pretty picky though...
To be fair, i don't see how much difference it would have made by ordering it any other way?