Hollywood Pro Drum Shop

Hiya,

After reading some DW posts about the Hollywood Pro Drum Shop, I knew I had to go check it out.

Like everyone's said, fantastic gear and super-cool guys. I only bought some sticks and a t-shirt ;)

Interior and exterior pics attached, just for fun.

I recommend a visit if you're ever in the LA area!

CV

Attachments

A

Anthony Amodeo

my favorite shop on the planet

Stan and Jerry are my homeboys......ah what the hell....Danny too :)

great shop...great history

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
You're standing next to my Ludwig blue bowling ball kit that's consigned there!!

Bermuda

larryz

Platinum Member
Love the old retro sign outside the store. Are their consigned drums listed on their website? I don't think I found anything.

Gvda -- I talked with Jerry, really nice guy. He said he's been working there since he was 9 years old, and that "our accountant hates us because we still do everything on paper" -- which my wife (a CPA) thought was funny/likely true :)

Bermuda -- oh, that's so cool! Sign me up the next time you guys and gals do a meet-up there :)

Thanks again DW folks for posting about the shop.

CV

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Gvda -- I talked with Jerry, really nice guy. He said he's been working there since he was 9 years old, and that "our accountant hates us because we still do everything on paper" -- which my wife (a CPA) thought was funny/likely true :)

Bermuda -- oh, that's so cool! Sign me up the next time you guys and gals do a meet-up there :)

Thanks again DW folks for posting about the shop.

CV
Ha ha! That's the same story he told me.

Bruce M. Thomson

Gold Member
Just last night I was watching The History Detectives on PBS and the item they were checking out was a collage by Frank Zappa; They met FZ's wife at the Professional Drum Shop to discuss it because as it turns out the art work was of the shop as FZ was great friends with the original owner. Is this store popular with drummers in LA as well? I would imagine so, looks really funky. Anyone been there?

spleeeeen

Platinum Member
Just last night I was watching The History Detectives on PBS and the item they were checking out was a collage by Frank Zappa; They met FZ's wife at the Professional Drum Shop to discuss it because as it turns out the art work was of the shop as FZ was great friends with the original owner. Is this store popular with drummers in LA as well? I would imagine so, looks really funky. Anyone been there?
http://video.pbs.org/video/2253617192

Yep, great episode of one of my favorite shows.

They also did a segment about locating and verifying the authenticity of the stratocaster used by Bob Dylan the first time he went electric at the '65 Newport Folk Festival. Cool stuff.