Help us chose a Mapex MyDentity Kit. Let's have some fun.

Anduin

Pioneer Member
...don't have to look much farther than the North drums and the Staccato drums, to show working examples of ideas that weren't quite on the mark.
I must take issue with that remark. My Staccatos are completely on the mark. If by “mark” we mean a dusty shelf. A large dusty shelf.

NSF

Hadda sign up just to respond to this thread. And no, I don't work for Mapex, nobody in my family does, etc. Just wanted to throw in my $.02: in my opinion, this is one of the coolest things to happen to mid-priced drums in decades. For about a grand I can get a 10-12-15-16-20 in whatever color combo I want, in a reasonable amount of time and with a reasonable degree of quality and durability. If you're into 20" kicks and 15" floor toms, you gotta either do this or save up three grand. And as far as folks not liking certain color combos, *don't order what you don't like*. There's plenty of white marine pearl, silver sparkle, and black wrap, as well as chrome hardware, in their warehouse. To me, this makes so much more sense than the usual three or four run-of-the-mill finishes plus maybe one or two unusual finishes, with the unusual ones usually being discontinued by next year's catalog. This is the first system that doesn't penalize folks with left-of-center tastes. I might not go for hot pink with green hardware, but I'm glad it's available. Me, I'm torn between black, turquoise pearl, and orange sparkle. But I'll do chrome hardware. But at least I have a choice!

marko138

Silver Member
Hadda sign up just to respond to this thread. And no, I don't work for Mapex, nobody in my family does, etc. Just wanted to throw in my $.02: in my opinion, this is one of the coolest things to happen to mid-priced drums in decades. For about a grand I can get a 10-12-15-16-20 in whatever color combo I want, in a reasonable amount of time and with a reasonable degree of quality and durability. If you're into 20" kicks and 15" floor toms, you gotta either do this or save up three grand. And as far as folks not liking certain color combos, *don't order what you don't like*. There's plenty of white marine pearl, silver sparkle, and black wrap, as well as chrome hardware, in their warehouse. To me, this makes so much more sense than the usual three or four run-of-the-mill finishes plus maybe one or two unusual finishes, with the unusual ones usually being discontinued by next year's catalog. This is the first system that doesn't penalize folks with left-of-center tastes. I might not go for hot pink with green hardware, but I'm glad it's available. Me, I'm torn between black, turquoise pearl, and orange sparkle. But I'll do chrome hardware. But at least I have a choice!
Well said. I agree completely. And I also do not work for Mapex or even own or have ever owned a Mapex drum.