Help on triggers and trigger module on acoustic set

Colton

I just got an Alesis DM5 trigger module and a set of DDRUM DRT triggers to put on my acoustic set. I connect the triggers and trigger module with XLR to female cables of course. I can not seem to get the triggers to sense the hit when I hit my kick drum or toms. It lightly senses my snare drum when I hit it hard but other than that, I can get no response. I was wondering if there is a way to turn up the sensitivity of the triggers from the module? if you can help me, I would appreciate it a ton.

mikek

I'm no expert at using triggers but your DM5 should have gain adjustments for each input. Try increasing the sensitivity. The other thing to check is the VCrv or Velocity Curve setting for each input. Curves 5-7 are the most sensitive ones. Check your DM5 manual for info on changing those settings.

Colton

I'm no expert at using triggers but your DM5 should have gain adjustments for each input. Try increasing the sensitivity. The other thing to check is the VCrv or Velocity Curve setting for each input. Curves 5-7 are the most sensitive ones. Check your DM5 manual for info on changing those settings.
Thanks so much man! If there is anything else you find out, let me know please!