Help needed naming a drum studio

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
In case anyone follows these things, posh is an acronym for "Port out, Starboard home"

Monied passengers on the Mediterranean Sea in days of yore would get their accommodations switched so their cabins would be on the shady side of the boat at all times.

Their boarding passes would be marked POSH.

I take any chance I can get to talk about word origins.

So, back on topic, in 20 years, one of these studio names offered up here for free could be the name of a highly successful studio.

I could foresee a big lawsuit : /

Groov-E

Silver Member
In case anyone follows these things, posh is an acronym for "Port out, Starboard home"

Monied passengers on the Mediterranean Sea in days of yore would get their accommodations switched so their cabins would be on the shady side of the boat at all times.

Their boarding passes would be marked POSH.

I take any chance I can get to talk about word origins.

So, back on topic, in 20 years, one of these studio names offered up here for free could be the name of a highly successful studio.

I could foresee a big lawsuit : /
My guy seemed to be on the shady side of many things !

Quite the gentleman, but seemed like the dude inherited his lands from his colonial ancestors from the days of yore Larry.

Did not seem he would have hand-built his legacy by a mile.

Still, a nice day at the beach with interesting encounters.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
After re-visiting this thread I see no reason not to name the studio after yourself. Nothing egotistical about (Sam Smith) Drum Studio. People will not have to try and remember a fancy, cute name and the advertising will tell people exactly whaat the name is.

D

drumming sort of person

Midlands Oatmeal & Chainsaw Refurbishment Depot

Dhango

I do like "Practice Pad", but I'm also drawn to the Fox part of your surname. Fox Studios has a nice ring to it... but these guys may have got there first:

"Foxtrot Studios"
"Dog Studios"
Or, to make it more powerful: "Wolf Studios".
Sorry, I can't help it.

bud7h4

Silver Member
I would not go for something obviously meant to sound clever or catchy, but rather a name that sounds like a predominant, established local studio.

For example instead of Thunder Crack Studio, maybe something like Midlands Drum Studio.

Last edited: