Help me look....cooler? more relaxed?

loki03xlh

I second the recommendation to smile. Learn to twirl. Sing the chorus even if you don't have a mic. Look around. "Eyes and Teeth".

You know when you're watching a band, and the bassist turns to the drummer, and they make eye contact, and it looks like they connect? Yeah, that's all fake and choreographed. Add that to the show.

Sometimes, showmanship can make even the most boring parts fun.
+11111111111

Watch Metal Mania on VH1 Classic late Saturday nights. If you don't get it, it's on their website. Check out the drummers in the 80's videos. You don't have to dress or sound like them, but they put on a hell of a show. Channel your inner Tommy Lee!

keepitgreen

All great advice from everyone, thank you guys so much!

I'm gonna take everything to heart and smile, loosen up, make some eye contact, enjoy myself, nod my head, and of course.........................wear a cape.

moxman

Silver Member
Check out the great Saturday Night Live drummer Shawn Pelton and his version of 'dance drumming'. I'd much rather watch him play and groove to the music using his whole body.. rather than some silly stick twirling; (sorry to all you stick twirlers out there - I know it's fun but...)
eg.
http://youtu.be/z7LEg-vDnNs

keepitgreen

I mentioned this a few replies ago, but I finally sat down with a local tattoo artist and after a nearly 6 hour session, got it done... I'm not sure if it makes me "cooler" or not, but I definitely love it... It's my second drum-related tattoo, and I'll buy a beer for the first person to "get" it... ;)

Attachments

Davo-London

Gold Member
I second the recommendation to smile. Learn to twirl. Sing the chorus even if you don't have a mic. Look around. "Eyes and Teeth".

You know when you're watching a band, and the bassist turns to the drummer, and they make eye contact, and it looks like they connect? Yeah, that's all fake and choreographed. Add that to the show.

Sometimes, showmanship can make even the most boring parts fun.
L O V E this drummer

Davo