Have a drum set you NEVER play BUT you can NEVER get rid of it?

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
I have my Tama Rockstars from the early 1990s. They sound like crap, but I can never get rid of them because they have an absolute ton of sentimental value. Plus, they aren't worth very much. I could probably get $200 out of them on a REALLY good day.

How about you? Do you have a drum set that you never play, but you can never get rid of it?

Jhostetler

Same. I've got my first crappy PDP set just sitting in my parents basement. I sold one of the cymbal stands with the stock cymbal it came with. But I don't know if I can bear to let go of the set itself. Plus my younger brother has been playing on it recently.

mikel

Platinum Member
You guys are lucky, I barely have the storage space in my house for one kit never mind a spare. Apart from that I have always been of the mindset that If I dont use something I get rid of It and get something I will use.

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
I sold one of the cymbal stands with the stock cymbal it came with.
You know come to think of it, I think I still have all of the original hardware it came with!

Kick drum pedal, high hat stand, and a straight stand. Yup, I think I still actually have all of it.

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
You guys are lucky, I barely have the storage space in my house for one kit never mind a spare.
The first place my wife and I lived was like this. I would have put my drums in their cases and put them out on the front porch if we had company come over.

Superman

Gold Member
My set of Mapex Orion Orbiters, they sit in cases but they were the drums I played with during my band days in my early 20's. I can still remember my dad and I going to the music store and him buying them for me.

Magenta

Platinum Member
Three. Two of them I'm emotionally attached to, so I don't want to part with them anyway, and the third I just can't seem to shift, no matter how hard I try! Everybody says they want it, but nobody will put their hands in their pockets, and I don't even want much for it.

Duck Tape

Platinum Member
I don't know if I could sell my old sonor s class. First good kit, parents bought it, still beautiful and I wouldn't get much for it anyway.

greenstar323

Yup! I have two of these lovely kits actually. I would love to get rid of them because I "custom" made them myself many years ago. I.e. thought it would be really cool to drill holes and stain crap. Some of the shells have extra holes and it's not exactly craftsmen style quality so I don't think I can sell them for that reason. (Did I put the lugs TOO close to the top so the hoops are very close to the lugs?) I have considered selling the parts or donating them to a high school or something, but for now they take up space in my attic. They are maple shells too so it's not like it's total garbage. I posted a pic of one of the kits in another thread.

wildbill

Platinum Member
.....How about you? Do you have a drum set that you never play, but you can never get rid of it?
No.

There's a couple I sort of wish I wouldn't have gotten rid of.
But they'd probably be sitting and never getting played.
Best to let them go to someone who will use them, I think.

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
I've thought about selling my D.W. kit.

My wife won't let me.

Neither will my friends.

It hasn't been set up in years.

It's a 1 of a kind color, so that's the main reason I keep it.

spleeeeen

Platinum Member
Yes, first set I bought new, late 80s Yamaha Tour Customs, birch and mahogany shells. My old man loaned me the money and allowed me to pay him back in installments. Haven't played them in ages but still get excited just looking at them.