Happy Birthday Charlie Watts

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member
The 'bed that Keith lies on' has turned 70!! Bet he never thought he'd make it this far.

Can't recall him ever receiving a Knighthood though. When did this happen?

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
A fabulous life and career ... blues, RnR, RnB, country, pop, disco, jazz ... plus album cover design, the Bird book, a long, happy marriage, a mountain of $$ and is still in rude health playing the music he loves with great musos at age 70!

A wonderful (and enviable) way to spend a life.

Many had the chances but made bad decisions and/or were unlucky. As with his drumming style, Charlie found the sweet spot almost all the time.

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Firstly....Happy Birthday Sir Charlie.Your talent at your craft has always been inspirational...cheers

Steve B

tamadrm

Platinum Member
HC very nice tribute...love the round badge Gretsch's & nat. maple nonetheless. Mr. Watts is pure class & I heard he even beat up Mick Jagger once...totally cool...lol

Bonzolead
I believe Sir Mick refered to him as "my drummer"Sir Charlie took exception to this,punched Sir Mick in the face and said" I'm not your drummer...you're my singer"Gotta love that guy.

Steve B

bonzolead

Platinum Member
I believe Sir Mick refered to him as "my drummer"Sir Charlie took exception to this,punched Sir Mick in the face and said" I'm not your drummer...you're my singer"Gotta love that guy.

Steve B
yes that the story I heard also. Charlie looks like a lamb but he's a lion for sure...he doesn't. take any crap...especially from Sir Mick.

Bonzolead