Happy B-Day Gregg!!!

mikeybbdrummin

Today is Gregg Bissonette's 50th b-day.
Gregg is my favorite from when I started 20+ years ago and still is today. I have a bunch of his work and he is who I like to listen to before a rehearsal or a gig. His playing makes my want to try that much harder the next time I play.
Happy B-day Gregg and thanks for all I have learned from you.

LinearDrummer

Silver Member
Great player...

Man some of my favorites Neil, Greg, Weckl are gettin up there in age....
Hopefully they will still be puttin down grooves for a long time ala Roy Haynes :)

MoreCowbell!!

Today is Gregg Bissonette's 50th b-day.
Gregg is my favorite from when I started 20+ years ago and still is today. I have a bunch of his work and he is who I like to listen to before a rehearsal or a gig. His playing makes my want to try that much harder the next time I play.
Happy B-day Gregg and thanks for all I have learned from you.

Man, i cannot believe that he is 50 years old!

brittc89

Pioneer Member
I took a couple lessons with Gregg in LA about 3 or 4 years ago and they were excellent! Happy birthday to him. Such an incredibly nice guy.

R

Royal

I particularly like his playing on the David Lee-Roth albums.
Some great end of song send-offs as well.

mikeybbdrummin

I particularly like his playing on the David Lee-Roth albums.
Some great end of song send-offs as well.
Thats really what gave him exposeure to start. And they were good Cd's. But check out his solo Cd's and other work as well. Go to his main page. I left a list of some great stuff he has done.

Just Drums

Silver Member
Keep adding to this thread everyone. I've got to send Gregg something in the mail in a couple weeks anyways so I'll print off this thread and include it. I'm positive he'll appreciate the birthday wishes....

Spreggy

Silver Member
Happy B-day Gregg!

I've been to many drum clinics, and Gregg's is the one I will always remember. There are some monster grooves on the Submarine album that every drummer should check out.

mikeybbdrummin

Keep adding to this thread everyone. I've got to send Gregg something in the mail in a couple weeks anyways so I'll print off this thread and include it. I'm positive he'll appreciate the birthday wishes....
Thats cool. I appreciate it. He will know who started this thread.
I have known Gregg for 20 years now.
I have been good friends w/his sister Kathy for almost as long.
Great guy and drummer........my favorite infact......................Again............Happy B-day