Guitar Center opening 6 stores in 2019

wildbill

Platinum Member
I wouldn't doubt that in the future, they'll be as ubiquitus as McDonalds.

GC store in China, anyone?

AzHeat

Platinum Member
And here we thought they would be dead by 2020! I guess Hawaii needed it’s fare share of SPL drums too.

All kidding aside, I really hope this is a sign of better things to come with GC.

lefty2

Platinum Member
And here we thought they would be dead by 2020! I guess Hawaii needed it’s fare share of SPL drums too.

All kidding aside, I really hope this is a sign of better things to come with GC.
I was wondering the same thing. It doesn't seem very long ago that the drum forums, and I suppose other forums also, were bashing them and saying how they were going under. I live near the biggest city in Kansas, Wichita and there is one GC there. They seem to be doing good. We have one drum store there also, Midwest Drum and Percussion. So I try to give them most of my business. But GC gets a lot of business.

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
I was wondering the same thing. It doesn't seem very long ago that the drum forums, and I suppose other forums also, were bashing them and saying how they were going under.
Because most people only read the headlines and never dived deeper.

Even in those articles about doom and gloom, GC was still opening stores, an still showing strong sales.

The going under stories had nothing to do with poor sales, or poor performance of stores, it only has to do with poor financial structure as a result of Bain Capital taking the company private in 2007.

And nothing about adding 6 more stores shows the poor financial structure part is solved either because GC has been adding stores all along.