Gretsch silver series 8.5X14 snare

evilg99

Platinum Member
Damn, for that price you can't lose.

I have an 8 x 14 Gretsch 'factory vineyard' with 10 lugs, die cast hoops, etc. - and it's fun having a big deep snare that can do it all. There is no denying the punch you get at all tunings with a snare like that.

I'm actually thinking of snagging one myself...

incrementalg

Gold Member
Damn, for that price you can't lose.

I have an 8 x 14 Gretsch 'factory vineyard' with 10 lugs, die cast hoops, etc. - and it's fun having a big deep snare that can do it all. There is no denying the punch you get at all tunings with a snare like that.

I'm actually thinking of snagging one myself...
They're listing on Reverb.com too except with a "make and offer" option. I'm going to make an offer and see just how low they'll go.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
That's more of the Drum Center of NH Gretsch sell out. They have a ton of Gretsch as discounted prices. Go for it.

Redbeard

Did you get one of these snares? It looks like they still have a couple left. So tempting at that price...

incrementalg

Gold Member
Did you get one of these snares? It looks like they still have a couple left. So tempting at that price...
I didn't pick one up. I picked up an Oriollo snare and have a Unix stave bubinga on order, so I figured I should hold of snare purchases.

I think it's a great deal for anyone interested in a maple snare. In fact I think you can get it cheaper now. Look on Reverb.com and Drum Center has a "make an offer" option on this drum. Make a $200 offer and see what happens!