Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz for $379 at MF

TomBolton

I haven't been following new products for a while, so was shocked when I saw the new round badge drums from Gretsch. They are really looking great.

I was also shocked to see that Musician's Friend has Natural Gloss finish Catalina Club Jazz kits for $379 right now (two other finishes for $499).

That's a great deal, if you don't mind having the old badges.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums-percussion/gretsch-drums-catalina-club-jazz-4-piece-with-18-bass-drum

Sorry if this has already been posted.

-Tom

v.zarate

Gold Member
Those kit are nice lookiny. They have a used one at my local GC for 269 iirc. Gloss natural. I was thinking of buying it

wildbill

Platinum Member
Great price - the new ones are a lot higher.
Just a case of clearing out the old, to make way for the new.
I don't think there's too much difference between them.

wildbill

Platinum Member
It just struck me as funny, seeing it in a thread about the Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz kit.

Of course, we all have our personal preferences.
For different prices, you can get different kits.
But that's not what this thread is about.

Southpaw99

I felt the thread was that it was a good price on MF, I was pointing out that I felt the other kit was a better deal, one I was looking into myself. It was my opinion and I wanted to share.

wildbill

Platinum Member
I felt the thread was that it was a good price on MF, I was pointing out that I felt the other kit was a better deal, one I was looking into myself. It was my opinion and I wanted to share.
You're right. No excuse for it on my part, other than a crabby mood.
Sorry about that.

Last edited:

wildbill

Platinum Member
Ah - a new day. Much better - ha ha.

Now that we've digressed a bit into the relative merits of prices and configurations, let's throw brands into the mix.

Have any of you gotten the latest GC flyer? They show 5 piece Tama Silverstar for $499.99,
Yamaha Stage Custom 5 piece for $549.99, and Starclassic B/B for $1153.94.

Any thoughts on these?

Also - they show the new Catalina bop kit, the replacement for the one in the first post for $679.99.
Quite a jump from the sale price in the first post.

larryz

Platinum Member
t

Have any of you gotten the latest GC flyer? They show 5 piece Tama Silverstar for $499.99,
Yamaha Stage Custom 5 piece for $549.99, and Starclassic B/B for $1153.94.
I'd love to see a link for the Stage Customs at $549.99 ... couldn't find one yet.

wildbill

Platinum Member
It's in the March 2014 GC flyer with Questlove on the cover - lower right corner of page 5.

I'm assuming it's for the current Stage Customs, and not the new version announced at NAMM.
I don't know that for sure though.

If you didn't get the flyer, maybe it's available at your local GC.

Southpaw99

It's in the March 2014 GC flyer with Questlove on the cover - lower right corner of page 5.

I'm assuming it's for the current Stage Customs, and not the new version announced at NAMM.
I don't know that for sure though.

If you didn't get the flyer, maybe it's available at your local GC.
Bill do you get that mailed to you? Those sales aren't on their website. I don't have one close enough where I would pick up a flyer. Those are really good prices, especially if a free 8 inch tom is included..lol j/k

wildbill

Platinum Member
Bill do you get that mailed to you? Those sales aren't on their website. I don't have one close enough where I would pick up a flyer. Those are really good prices, especially if a free 8 inch tom is included..lol j/k

Ya - it came in the mail. It's a 44 page flyer. 6 x 10" or so.

Last edited: