Gretch to make a MAJOR announcement on June 6. What could it be?

incrementalg

Gold Member
New drums? Shell manufacturing in house? New lugs? I did see what looks like a new lug design in a recent Facebook post. Could be anything I guess.

Thoughts on what it will be?

As long as we're throwing guesses out I'm going to go with a new line of drums. Something high end made in the DW shop. Hopefully something sparkly, I do like a good sparkly shell...

I have inside info and they've decided to bring Andy aboard to consult them.

They will also be distrubiting Guru drums at Guitar Centers.

After that they are spearheading a movement to put diameter before depth when listing drum sizes.

Beyond that they will discontinue all bass drums deeper than 16".

There's also discussions about new badges.

It wouldn't be to crazy to think that with the help of DW, home made shells with that little extra notch to be exactly like the old Jaspers is in a near future.

They'll get Vinnie back, too.

13308148_1178597645492620_8559377151926431186_o.jpg

As long as we're throwing guesses out I'm going to go with a new line of drums. Something high end made in the DW shop. Hopefully something sparkly, I do like a good sparkly shell...

I think DW is going to start using silver sealer on all of their kits, including PDP.

;-)

Stay Tuned, Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel :)
The suspense is killing me. I can't eat, I can't sleep :)

Look at DW vs Gretsch in both website structure and social media representation. Maybe they'll actually start doing something, anything ?

No more Keller.
DW will make the shells to Gretsch specs, except they will be the standard 1/8" undersized.

Would not be surprised if Fred retires and hands the company to Don Lombardi. He could still have some involvement as Chairman Emeritus.

How are we sure it is a MAJOR announcement? It would be funny if it ended up being something simple like new tension rods or something else little like that.

Judging from the picture, maybe a new snare drum or throwoff design?

New endorsing artist Jeff Indyke?

Gretsch will announce that after being sold three times in 10 years, they finally realized it's not worth and they'll have a going out of business sale.

No?

OK, than I agree with No more Keller, and DW making shells to the old Jasper specs.

OK, then I agree with No more Keller, and DW making shells to the old Jasper specs.

Keller already makes the Gretsch shells to Gretsch's specifications. The whole Jasper "voodoo" is a myth. Old Gretsch drums sound really nice because the wood is older. That's it. That's all.

As for the "coming soon", I wish they would finally develop a new tom mount, but that's not what this is about.

Patience...

55634456.jpg

Whatever it is, it's going to be a let down after a few days of us lot flinging conjecture around and getting our hopes up!

Last edited by a moderator:
The hand on the drum in the photo makes me think it's related to a specific drummer. Maybe a new endorser or a signature drum. Or both!

Back