Great gig w/ Vinnie.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Not exactly new, but what a great watch. Vinnie all day long and that's just the drumming. Just fantastic musicianship everywhere.

Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scotts with Vinnie C, Tal Wilkenfeld, and Jason Rebello

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ndyILodYwM

Vinnie's drum sound is killer. He's so darn perfect sounding at all times.

I'm an old school metal head, but I love watching/listening to Vinnie play. When he did that album with Megadeth, that was heaven for me. Deth is one of my favorite bands.

Icetech

Gold Member
I have had this dvd forever... as a guitarist it would literally make me weep.. Beck is so beyond anyone else its ridiculous, When other "guitar gods" faded 30 years ago.. hes stronger than ever. And i watch it knowing i would never be 1% of what he can do. It's just beyond good..

P.S. Vinnie is ok also of course:)

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
Not exactly new, but what a great watch. Vinnie all day long and that's just the drumming. Just fantastic musicianship everywhere.

Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scotts with Vinnie C, Tal Wilkenfeld, and Jason Rebello

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ndyILodYwM

Vinnie's drum sound is killer. He's so darn perfect sounding at all times.
I think the only time his drums didn't sound perfect is that Chaka sound check. Well, the Ludwigs never sounded right either. He's probably too busy fo a lot of rock guys on that gig, but I love it.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Vinnie can be totally over the top busy and he makes it fit right in. The height of drumming. Few drummers can play that much and make it work. He just floors me with his ability.

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Vinnie can be totally over the top busy and he makes it fit right in.
I'm a BIG fan of Mr Colaiuta and Mr Beck, so when this gig came online a few years back I was excited, but the excitement didn't last long, VC's playing on this gig is far, far, far too busy, it's killing the songs for me, I didn't enjoyed it at all... how did Jeff let and allowed Vinnie's ego go as wild as that I'll never know.

I have several records where Vinnie is overplaying quite a lot, but it fits the music, not like in this gig.

Sorry Larry, but this one didn't do it at all for me, except the discovering of Tal on bass.

Otto

Platinum Member
Sorry Larry, but this one didn't do it at all for me, except the discovering of Tal on bass.
Its a strange one...its almost like Vinnie playing in a vacuum ...almost like he is not there with them...so he is ornamenting in a way that is not typical for him.

...yeah...Tal...OMG!! What a great performance on "because we've ended as lovers"...brilliant!

That's the performance that intro-ed me to her as well.

I think she blew the other musicians, including Jeff Beck, off the stage.

Souljacker

Silver Member
I've heard quite a bit of that gig on youtube and mostly on Google Music. Love Vinnies energy on Space Boogie, a double bass shuffle in 7. Simon Phillips did that track originally right?

Their version of Stratus is crazy too. Becks guitar tone sounds like a demented chicken at times!

Funnily enough, I've recently been enjoying a Vinnie gig from the Baked Potato. He's playing with Abe Laboriel Sr, Michael Landau and Greg Mathieson. Worth checking out Larry. Seems to be hard to find the CD of it, but there are songs on youtube and even a few drumcam videos of Vinnie.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I'm a BIG fan of Mr Colaiuta and Mr Beck, so when this gig came online a few years back I was excited, but the excitement didn't last long, VC's playing on this gig is far, far, far too busy, it's killing the songs for me, I didn't enjoyed it at all... how did Jeff let and allowed Vinnie's ego go as wild as that I'll never know.

I have several records where Vinnie is overplaying quite a lot, but it fits the music, not like in this gig.

OK there's a fresh take on that. I have to admit, I haven't really viewed hours upon hours of his stuff. He just plays so opposite of what I am capable of, that I can't believe he pulls it off. I'll have to look at it through a different filter.

I've heard quite a bit of that gig on youtube and mostly on Google Music. Love Vinnies energy on Space Boogie, a double bass shuffle in 7. Simon Phillips did that track originally right?

Their version of Stratus is crazy too. Becks guitar tone sounds like a demented chicken at times!

Funnily enough, I've recently been enjoying a Vinnie gig from the Baked Potato. He's playing with Abe Laboriel Sr, Michael Landau and Greg Mathieson. Worth checking out Larry. Seems to be hard to find the CD of it, but there are songs on youtube and even a few drumcam videos of Vinnie.
Thanks man, I'll look for it. I'm sure Kodi can find it for me :)