Got bored, so I made something that many drummers use

93civEJ1

Why not save some $ if you can do it on your own? Didn't mean to come across like a jerk.

That actually sounds really good, but it's a good sounding snare drum to begin with.
ah i didnt take it like that. At first glance I did, but after a moment and reading again I didnt haha.

The snare in the video I am using is just a cheap steel mirror chrome pearl. It came with an old Export select kit that I set up in my drum room to use as a practice kit.

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Its a bigger difference in person honestly than how it sounds on the computer recorded through the phone...haha.

The studio rings or ZeroRings dont make as much difference as how this did.

:)

This wasnt a try to replace something thats out there that is already excellent...just my go at making my own version of tools to use. :)
Why not save some $ if you can do it on your own? Didn't mean to come across like a jerk.

Here is my sound file. It's a little crappy at the beginning of both parts but you get the idea.

https://youtu.be/DJvIiWBxg3U
That actually sounds really good, but it's a good sounding snare drum to begin with.

93civEJ1

I made one using the entire old head minus the hoop as suggested in a previous post Bermuda. Cut the hoop off of a 14 inch snare head and lay it on the snare. Very deep sound. I'll attempt a sound file.
Ill have to find this post by Bermuda???

93civEJ1

I made one using the entire old head minus the hoop as suggested in a previous post Bermuda. Cut the hoop off of a 14 inch snare head and lay it on the snare. Very deep sound. I'll attempt a sound file.
Thats actually what I did at first. I just went a bit futher and put a hole in the middle..made mine 2 layers, and used some rubber matting from some automobile firewall rubber for the outside edge.. haha

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor

93civEJ1

Its a bigger difference in person honestly than how it sounds on the computer recorded through the phone...haha.

The studio rings or ZeroRings dont make as much difference as how this did.

:)

This wasnt a try to replace something thats out there that is already excellent...just my go at making my own version of tools to use. :)

93civEJ1

I did not do this to take away from people buying from the drum companies. Support the companies that supply us with these awesome products and go buy a real one!! I was just bored and wanted to see if I could mimic one to just have in my stash of options. My own version of the BFSD...

https://youtu.be/f7jOsjih5Sw