Gig dates for members

spirit

I am playing in New Malden on the 2nd of May...Cant find a place to post the gig details- NOT even sure its allowed- any mods out there wanna fill me in on this. I wont put up any more details till I have permission as I dont want to upset anyone!?

SGT_Drummer

I am playing in New Malden on the 2nd of May...Cant find a place to post the gig details- NOT even sure its allowed- any mods out there wanna fill me in on this. I wont put up any more details till I have permission as I dont want to upset anyone!?
i don't see why this would be a problem, hell you've been a member for almost 3 years now lol. where exactly is new malden?

spirit

Oh sorry- its in Surrey,UK! Its just that I dont see anyone else posting gigs here anyplace!

Moktie

Show Date Placement....
And Members Needed....

Would have been my main questions as well.
But like you....Minding my P's and Q's until I am more familiar with the site.

[Not sucking up: But I really like this site so far!!!]

spirit

OK as no mods have chipped in and ripped my post down I will chance it! They can remove it if they wish....I paused and waited for advice since my first post on the subject.

The gig is a soul, r n b type thing- and its at the Royal Oak Pub, Coombe Road, New Malden on the 2nd May, start 8 pm- Tickets available at the door for only Five pounds if you mention this website and my site name- SPIRIT.

Tickets at this time are limited- so please dont say your coming unless you really are, I have to reserve them, PM me to let me know.

The band I am playing with features four female vocals and other numbers by the axe player with a fine soul voice. You can expect some decent music on the night and I look forward to meeting some of you and talking drums stuff on the breaks between a few pints!

Maybe we should have a small section for members to post gig info up, after all we have to support each other- maybe one day we will all be replaced by drum machines or midi files....AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

mrchattr

Gold Member
My take on this is that I would really like to not see DW become filled with advertisements for gigs. There are just too many working drummers on here, with very full schedules, and I could see it getting really out of hand. Don't forget, there are a lot of people on here who play 100 or more shows a year.

oops

Silver Member
I would agree with mrchattr.

Also: There's so many drummers from different parts of the world on here. I can post my shows in Melbourne, but the 3 or 4 Melbourne guys I know on here probably won't come down, it's not their cup of tea. Or I could just PM them to let them know.

There's not too much point in posting my Melbourne shows for a population made up of people from the States, Canada, UK, Brazil, Portugal, Malaysia, China etc.

My $0.02.

spirit

Yeah I spose so- just thought it was a chance to connect more then anything else really!
Oh well- I still think its a good idea maybe we could have a gig thread anyway- my guess is there are a few drummers from the UK here, I am not sure how many but every drumer I know and thats a few is aware of his site and has looked in or is a member.

NUTHA JASON

Senior Administrator
i wish i could see more gigs ... i live in chessington just down the road from malden but i'm playing that night. d'oh!

j

ps have a good un

spirit

Shame mate- see I guess it works, if you were free I spose you would have come!
Good luck at your one mate.
Maybe post some pics here- I may be able to do the same.

SGT_Drummer

I would agree with mrchattr.

Also: There's so many drummers from different parts of the world on here. I can post my shows in Melbourne, but the 3 or 4 Melbourne guys I know on here probably won't come down, it's not their cup of tea. Or I could just PM them to let them know.

There's not too much point in posting my Melbourne shows for a population made up of people from the States, Canada, UK, Brazil, Portugal, Malaysia, China etc.

My $0.02.
i agree with this to an extent. but also feel that it can't hurt to have a section for drummers to place thier gigs just in case they are playing close enough to me to go. like i just realized there are a few people on here from syracuse, which is an hour away from where i live in the states. if they were to post thier dates, i'd be there in a heartbeat.

Bernhard

Founder Drummerworld
Staff member
YES THERE IS A PLACE HERE: The Calendar....

your all invited to fill it.....isn't as much used as it was two years ago.

Best is: the gigs appear then also on the Forum Frontpage.

One thing: Start with the place, then name.....