George Kollias here...

x86zero

If you like extreme metal check out George Kollias. Noone has mentioned him yet. Definately one of the best metal drummers out there. If you're a fan of Jordison you'll like him I think.

Foog

Re: George Kollias

uhhh, wow. my ears heard the sounds, and my brain refuses to let itself think that that guy is real. that's too fast =\

joeysnare

Silver Member

man this guy is a beast on the kit, and so nice too he gave me and online tutoriale on blasting and 7/8 timing :)

ad9898

Probably the the best death metal drummer out there, also has the the fastest feet recorded onto a cd, freakish double bass speed, but more impressive is his acceleration with the pedals, i hear he also pushing up the speed in his practice sessions.....270+ will be with us soon i suspect.....respect to him he is at the top of the pile at the moment. Annihilation of the Wicked.....truely mind-blowing if your into death metal drumming

Tutin

Pioneer Member

He's your teacher!? Man, that's plain unfair, I want a famous teacher! Actually, wait, I have one.
Ah well, pretty pointless post but yes, hail to george!

Tim Waterson

WFD ACEDRUMMER

Probably the the best death metal drummer out there, also has the the fastest feet recorded onto a cd, freakish double bass speed, but more impressive is his acceleration with the pedals, i hear he also pushing up the speed in his practice sessions.....270+ will be with us soon i suspect.....respect to him he is at the top of the pile at the moment. Annihilation of the Wicked.....truely mind-blowing if your into death metal drumming
Yes GEORGE is amazing and a great person TOO..
George has the fastest single strokes with the feet in a song and the fastest doublestrokes was recorded by ME....LOL Shameles PLUG
www.myspace.com/judeathevoice click on BUHAY MO to hear the song....
Tim

zildjian_dude101

Silver Member

Kollias is the replacement for Nile's old drummer, I believe. And he simply does it better than the previous. I love the band as a whole. Super heavy, and amazing technicality. Kollias slays.

George Kollias is a killer at the drumset. He's among the fastest drummers I've ever seen, might even be faster than Ray Herrera...

ad9898

George Kollias is a killer at the drumset. He's among the fastest drummers I've ever seen, might even be faster than Ray Herrera...
i saw Raymond about 6 six years very nice style and super tight, however if we are talking just speed here, George is in a different league.

jarrod

He is a monster and a very awsome drummer, if u get his cd with nile all his stuff is super fast, 270+ has everyone has said. I cant wait till nile have another cd coem out :D i expect 290+ lol

ad9898

Hellhammer has done nothing in singles above 240 i believe, if he is indeed hitting 290 its either triplets or heel-toe i believe probably the latter, great drummer though no doubt. heel-toe is fine ,just has a different feel to singles for me.

Tutin

Pioneer Member

Yeah, it's in a thread in general discussion. There is no mention of heel toe as far as I'm aware, but you're probably right.

I don't like heel toe, sounds off to me.

Paradiddlemadness

Nile came to New Zealand and I got to be George's Drumtech for an evening. He is one super-cool guy. Very friendly, and he loves absolutely everything about drumming. One thing I thought was really cool is that although he's primarily known for being a blast beater, during soundcheck he laid into a very cool shuffle - so he has the chops in other areas too!

darkstar442

I have admired his drumming for a long time now and he is 1 of the fastes drummers on bass out there. he is one of the few who can record those speeds on an album truley impressive but 1 thing thats weird is... i have mentiond him a couple of times and so have others and annhilation of the wicked is mind blown just like his other songs

smoney22

I think it's in The Chosen Legacy that he goes 300 or whatever. It definitely isn't in The Sacreligious Scorn cause I practice to that song and there's no way I can go 300!

Zumba_Zumba

200 to 280? That was crazy. We truly are being visited by aliens, and most of them are drummers.