Gadd telling it like it is ..... :adult language:

topgun2021

Gold Member
+1^ This.The guy is a chops monster,but that don't get the job done..

Steve B
He can't get the job done yet he goes on tour with Gianni Nannini and Paul Gilbert, has a seemingly successful studio, and looks like he has plenty of work.... makes sense.

Have you watched any video of him after 2005? Or the current VF studio spotlight?

dmacc

Platinum Member
He sent a PM to the mods asking his account to be deleted, not telling specific reasons. I hope he'll decide to come back.
Well that is indeed disappointing. I hope everything is OK on his end and his hiatus is short.

tamadrm

Platinum Member
He can't get the job done yet he goes on tour with Gianni Nannini and Paul Gilbert, has a seemingly successful studio, and looks like he has plenty of work.... makes sense.

Have you watched any video of him after 2005? Or the current VF studio spotlight?
I think you misinterpreted what I meant.I meant chops alone dosen't get it done.You need to groove and swing also.That's why artists like Clapton and James Taylor used Gadd so much.He could sit in the pocket all night long and serve the music without displaying his amazing chops in every tune.

Steve B

8Mile

Platinum Member
He sent a PM to the mods asking his account to be deleted, not telling specific reasons. I hope he'll decide to come back.
I'm sure he has his reasons. Regardless, it's the forum's loss. There's nobody who contributes more value to this forum, at least from my perspective, than Anthony. Not just a great musician and teacher, but good people.

Hope everything is okay with him.

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
I'm sure he has his reasons. Regardless, it's the forum's loss. There's nobody who contributes more value to this forum, at least from my perspective, than Anthony. Not just a great musician and teacher, but good people.

Hope everything is okay with him.
Fully agree. Nobody here has taught me more than Ant.