G-maple , black nickel ?

reDrum

Hi i wonder what black nickel Hardware gives the drum. Second , i search the tama g-maple drums but cant find a detailed feature what g-maple means?

IBitePrettyHard

There is no sound difference between a black nickel finish and a chrome finish, it's just aesthetics.

If you're talking about Tama's black nickel hardware, I would stay away. The finish comes off way too easily judging from all the Warlord snares I've seen with this problem.

EDIT: If the SHELL is black nickel, go for it. But if the rims and lugs are black nickel, avoid it.

reDrum

There is no sound difference between a black nickel finish and a chrome finish, it's just aesthetics.

If you're talking about Tama's black nickel hardware, I would stay away. The finish comes off way too easily judging from all the Warlord snares I've seen with this problem.

EDIT: If the SHELL is black nickel, go for it. But if the rims and lugs are black nickel, avoid it.
Yes black nickel shell , the snare is tama starphonic 13x7 black nickel snare btw.

Winston_Wolf

Platinum Member
Tama's "G" snares all have a super thick shell. 10mm or so I believe.

As for the black nickel hardware, I'm just not a fan. It isn't durable and I personally don't care for hardware that isn't chrome.