Flash Back Monday!

M

Matt Bo Eder

So another friend found some pictures of our time in 1982 with the Anaheim Kinsmen drum and bugle corps, performing at DCI Prelims in Montreal. Of course, we didn't even make the Top-25, so this early daytime performance was our last for the year. Too bad I don't have any actual photos where I'm recognizable, but a lot of my technique was built up that year, and laid the groundwork for my eventual employment as a drum line instructor for the next few years.

It shouldn't be too hard spot me. I'm the smallest bass drum on the left that's closest to the ground ;)

Attachments

Morrisman

Platinum Member
Nice picture. Must bring back memories. I didn't realise DCI had been going that long.

I'm worried about the conductor though - looks like it would be easy to fall off that podium.

M

Matt Bo Eder

Nice picture. Must bring back memories. I didn't realise DCI had been going that long.

I'm worried about the conductor though - looks like it would be easy to fall off that podium.
Yeah. DCI came into existence in 1972, and the Anaheim Kingsmen were their first champions (then It was all downhill from there!).

That drum major podium was a huge safety hazard - unfortunately it was the 80s and you could get away with that. The activity is so different today - all safe and all ;)