First World problems. ugh

Darth Vater

I was not ready to get these today. FedEx said Monday. Nowhere to put them and wife doesn't like them as coffee or end tables. BTW, they're Prolites (22,10,12,16) not SQ2's. Sonor must have run out of Prolite boxes. Chocolate Burl is the finish. Has some serious 3D figuring. Price was WAY, WAY too good for new in box to pass up so I'm not sweating the color. I kind of like it tho. Here's a pic or two. One from my casa and one from the ad.

Attachments

Darth Vater

Sounds like someone is keeping those!?!
I haven't decided. They're kind of redundant to the Delite set. Haven't hit them yet. Probably use mallets to tune them so they don't leave stick marks. I can't keep these, the Brooklyn's and the Delites. Something will have to go. I want to see what difference in reach is from the 13x10 on the Delite to the 12x9 on the Prolite. You'd be surprised at how much difference an inch makes.

Darth Vater

Sorry I took the one inch to mean 13 versus 12. Drum on.
Nah, don't be sorry. That was part of it too more related to sound. The 12x9 sounds great and it's a bit more comfortable too. I've since hit them with some stix too. That's not a good sign financially. hehe . I guess I sorta/kinda like the way they look. Sometimes with stupid deals you have to compromise on finish.

These are just killer kits but I understand why people think they're overpriced. These are going in the low to mid $4K's currently but the number I got started with a 2. Brand new with factory warranty. Like Larry and his Guru's, I just really don't spend money on anything but the odd vacation or drums. Here's couple pics of them set up. I had the black prolite snare already. Looks good with the black reso head. :)

Attachments

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Sounds like a good opportunity to do a flip.

You could make some quick dough if locally picked up.

Darth Vater

Those look like outstanding drums. Peace and goodwill.
Thanks Mark. I've decided to keep them and I've added an 8x7 tom to the kit as well. I literally can't walk past them without wanting to play them. Here's a few photos now that I've added the extra tom and have had a couple weeks to get the setup a bit more personal. Sizes are 22-8-10-12-16 vintage thin maple shells with re-rings. Snare is a Sonor Phonic Reissue 12 ply (10 plies beech, with inner and outer plies of Rosewood veneer. Hella die cast hoops. 14x5.75.

Attachments