First drum cover?

ikes

i have an electric drum set, and i have audacity................i got the recording down, and i drag an mp3 file onto it, and record and play along........the problem is that the drums from the song is really messing with the timing, and i want to do something different than what the artists do..............
basically what i am asking is, is there a way that i could lower, or mute, or cancel out the drums of the song so that i can do a cover?

ps it doesnt need to be with audacity, but if it is, good.......and it needs to be free and legal

thanks

dairyairman

Platinum Member
basically what i am asking is, is there a way that i could lower, or mute, or cancel out the drums of the song so that i can do a cover?
once a song has been mixed down to two stereo tracks there really is no way to cancel out the drums.

sometimes you can cancel vocals in a song by creating an inverted copy of one of the stereo tracks and summing it with the other track. everything the two tracks have exactly in common will be canceled out. since vocals are usually panned in the middle, the same signal is equal on both tracks so it gets canceled out, but drums are usually panned unequally on the two tracks, so you can't pull the same trick.